Shimano aero 8010s (not GTs)

Pete Austin 3

Reaction score
when the aero 6010s 8010s etc 1st came out they were good reels,I`ve seen so many people returning them to my local tackle shop because they were faulty\broken,that the build quality seems to have gone downhill bigtime.I have an 11 yr old aero 6010 still going strong,unlike the 5010 i bought 2 years ago.

J

jason fisher

i've got 5010's and a 6010 but none less than 5 years old, they are brilliant reels, can't comment on the new ones because there's nowt wrong wi the ones i've got so i havent bought one.

Carpfish_2004

Reaction score
I've got a newer 5010aero GT and its about 3 years old now. I got it offf ebay for ?40 a year ago and it was already about a year old. Its served me well, with a little oiling and cleaning now and then and its never had any problems, fanatastic reel. I was gonna get another okuma reel but I just one a 8010 (not GT) off ebay for ?40 and I didnt realise it wasnt a GT, was a disappointed. But when I posted a few comments on it here and a few other forums I was happy to here many had replyed that the older models were and still are the better. Brillant, cus if its better than the 5010GT which is a great reel, then thats a result!

bigbaddonkey donkey

Reaction score
Can't comment on the old but bought one of those 5000 GTE Baitrunner Reels 2 years ago... lovely and smooth handle, but missing the most important bit ..a decent drag.. horrible and sticky, got rid of it fast.