Tickletackle

L

Les Clark

Hi Kevin, What a pi$$ take ,one of your best,retractable bobbins ? naw wont catch on,noboby is that daft(lol).

J

John McLaren

Wonderfully observed as usual but for once Kevin is out of touch with the world of carp fishing - carp ears have been around for some time - I wondered what they are for though and now I know!

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
We have got Nash bivvy slippers, so how about a Nash tray for the smokers amongst us.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Les,
I got an old film canister once, and a fox label fitted on the lid exactly. One poor lad wanted to give me a fiver for it because I told him it was a fox glug tub.
Honest mate , I'm not joking.

W

Wolfman Woody

Was he taking the mickey about camouflage sunglasses? I bought some from Harris just after Christmas and I'm looking forward to trying them in summer. I did put them on in the back garden when i received them and the wife said she could still see me.

"Naturally." I said "It's winter and they probably don't work as well when there's no vegitation to blend in with." It's going to scare the pants off me mates when all they see is a Fishingmagic hat walking around!

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Monkey,
I think a Kev Perkins book would be amongst the funniest as well don't you think.

F

Fred Bonney

Clever stuff as usual a terrific piece. Jeff,my imagination was working overtime with your response,a good chuckle,what happened to that bloke Matt Black,I wonder???

W

Wolfman Woody

Not seen any 'Moles' around for a long time, Fred. I've heard he's in permanent hibernation. His proposal at the NFA conferance didn't even get seconded, apparently.

As for the glasses, it's true! They're American made by Knight & Hale and they are camouflaged! My mate says he can still see me when I have them on so I don't know whether to send them back for a refund.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Slightly off topic here, but I fink I?ve caught something off Kev Perkins. So I fink this would be the best place to put this topic instead of starting another fred.
It is in the news today that for the first time in History, a human being has beaten a horse in a 22-mile race in its 25-year-old history in mid Wales.
Would you want to be ?saddled? with this title? Especially if the prize money was ?25,000?
Fink how many carrots that could buy. He could have a really good healthy stable diet for the rest of his life.
This is no joke but the man?s name is a Mr. Lobb from Bedford who was the first to cross the finishing line, foaming at the mouth, nostrils flaring, and eyes bulging. He is not connected to the Old Lobb stories of yester year in any way.
The late Screaming Lord Sutch of the Right Raving Loony Party was the official starter of this race just before his death in 1999, but luckily for everyone, former Madam, Cynthia Payne performed the official ceremony just before the start of the race, whipping up support for this right regal event. But Neigh my friends let?s not get too Polly Tickle about it.
I don?t want a cure for this sudden affliction I have got, I want to be injected with more of it, it?s the only fing that stops me from going completely mad you know.

K

Kevin Perkins

Thanks all - very complimentary!

Baz, I strongly refute you ever caught anything off me! Judging by your comments, I have a lot to learn from you when it comes to treading a slightly different path!

Slightly more concerned about the mention of a 'Kev Perkins' book being amongst the funniest. Is that a book by me, or a book about me? I can assure that one would be a lot funnier than the other!

Regards

Kevin