Dabbling on the Dane

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Excellent read as usuall Baz. I am really looking forward to my first visit in a few weeks with you.
On the slug front a few halibut pellets work well for attracting them. Though can honestly say never had any luck with them.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hi Bryan,
with a bit of luck we will be able to see just how ferociousely they take them when they are in the mood.

R

Ron Troversial Clay

Lovely piece Baz.

I am glad you are an angler after my own heart. Keeping a sense os proportions regarding big fish.

I've never fished the Dane. It looks a classic river.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Lets hope Baz.
I was thinking of using my John Wilson quiver at 11 foot or do you think 13 foot would be better. It as 1 1/4 Ib t/c. Would you also use the Avon or Quiver tip.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ron,
Praise from such as yourself is praise indeed, I am really made up.
It just so happens A visitor has just left my house, some bloke in a habit, your name was mentioned.

Bryan,
11foot with quiver tip, like minded anglers think alike eh? it's what I use.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
No such luck Ron,
The wife reads the threads aswell, so he was well inspected.

M

mel Crighton

Baz

Just read your article very good wish we had rivers like that in kent

keep up the good work

J

john conway

Nice read Baz, keep them coming.
Well Baz you know me, two rod Conway!!, but just for you I?ll only bring one rod to the Dane fish-in. It?s a nice little number, 11ft quiver, it did have one of those 2ft butt extensions but I bust it wanging out a big feeder because I hadn?t check that I?d pushed the butt all the way home.
I?m also someone who?s not had much success with slugs except that they do seem to be attracted to me and my gear!!

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Mel,
We will have to try and work somthing out sometime.

John,
This is the thing with the Dane mate, it really frustrated me last year when the same methods wouldn't work on the Ribble.
You will know what I mean when you come down,and I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't come back for more. If you can get slugs John,bring some down with you. It really is a cracking river, some high banks aswell, so get ready to scramble about. Believe me, one rod is all you will need on here.

R

Ron Troversial Clay

Why don't you emigrate Mel?

Rivers like the Dane, and we have many in the North and Midlands, are the reason why lots of us prefer the North.

You should see the Trent, Dove, Derwent, Idle, Don, Dearne, Swale, Ure, Wharfe, Nidd, Rother and a few other I can name, all within 50 miles of my home, many of which were polluted terribly 30 years ago.

Not now.

Wayne Duffin 3

Reaction score
A very good read as normal Baz. Hopefully when the season starts again i will have my first barbel i've had a dabble before but nothing serious so hopefully this is the year. Good luck to all for the coming season.

J

Jim Hinchley

Nice one baz.
Enjoyed the read and could specifically relate to the dock leaf and slug pairing as i did exactly the same thing for the first few pick ups. ( have now progressed to using my forceps !!! ).
The mental picture of you in undies and thigh waders scaring the sheep is particularly frightening .
:)

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Thank's Jim,
On the Dane Fish-In,
Phil Phoned me last night and he will be off his computer for a couple of weeks,and wont be able to recieve e-mails, so if anyone needs to contact him, you can either phone him direct if you have his number, or phone or e-mail me and I will put you in touch.
xxx

Daniel Matley

Reaction score
Hi Baz......Nice read on my favourite piece of water. There is something special about this river, I just can't quite put my finger on what it is and there must be plenty of other waters like it but it casts this spell on you that you can never shake off. Yes I will be there tomorrow>

Dan

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I am back down to an evening session Dan, I will keep an eye open for you.

Richard Savage

Reaction score
Well writen, Baz.
Are you going to organize a FM fishin?
Put me down for that one, sounds like a great idea.

<?))))><.???`?.R1k?.???`?.?><((((?>

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
EXCELLENT NEWS
I?ve just had a call from Phil Hatton, Lymm Anglers have confirmed that for anybody who wants to, they will be allowed to fish until 2.a.m. in the morning. Lymm Anglers have requested that we pass the hat around for a donation to a hospice they are attatched to.
So one suggestion is to meet at the Fox and Hounds public house at about 12 noon, which is a couple of hundred yds from where we will be parking, for liquid refreshments and something to eat if you want to. I will post directions at the weekend. Is this suitable for everybody? If not we can alter the meeting times.
Nice one Phil, and many thanks to Neil Jupp of Lymm Anglers.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
That will be fine with me Baz.

I was wondering if waders were needed or if boots/wellies are all thats required.