Tony Collins (DHP)

Matthew Black

Reaction score
Yes, I've resurrected myself on this web site and forum but for all the wrong reasons.

Many of you will have known Tony Collins, who was DHP's Advertising Director, many of you won't.

Tony spoke to me recently in his usual vibrant mood and was excited at the prospect he was off to Spain for a holiday with some mates ... on his motor bike.

He had a fatal accident and is no longer with us and will be sorely missed by all that knew him.

I'll miss his company, both on the bank, and in the pub.

Not much more to say really as my screen is somewhat blurred.

It was a pleasure knowing you Tony ... cheers.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I didn't know him but RIP Tony and condolences to all his family and friends.

M

mel Crighton

Lets hope theat when he reaches the rivers in the sky and looks down on us he will smile as he catches another fish from the magical pool.

Condolences to his Family at their sad loss

God Bless R.I.P

Murray Rogers

Reaction score
I've just lost a good friend as well John, he went Sunday afternoon at just 69, life is a real pisser at times aint it?.

I got very tired that night.

Nice to have you back though!!!!!!
Maybe some constructive type stuff from your keyboard could find it's way on here eh!, that would be nice.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

I'd echo that.Ive always enjoyed Matthews/John's stuff in the mags.

Matthew Black

Reaction score
Murray & Nigel

You must have very poor taste in angling literature if any of my inane ramblings turns you on.

Mind you, I have had some very strange, but beautiful women in my life that needed very little turning on ... and they say that "size doesn't matter"

Tony Collins knew a thing or two about women but I don't think any of his beauties were complete angels (in the true sense of the word) ... they probably are now though.

Yes, when I get my head together, I will post something constructive and not, as I have done in the past, 'destructive' words perhaps.

As for you Mr.Marsden; the lovely Colleen has perfected her choice in a "bloke". But I thank you for those few kind words you posted above re Tony Collins.

Old age affects us all you know but the centrepin still spins and my float sometimes goes under ... especially when I am catching stillwater barbel from Roy Marlow's fantastic Glebe fishery!

Life goes on down here and the debate will always continue .. Amen.