Green re-think???????

J

John Lock

According to this week's AT the Greens are having a re-think about their policy towards angling. A revised, more angling-friendly, policy will be submitted at the Green's Party Conference later this year. We'll have to wait for the outcome but, in the meantime, let's not forget that all this publicity was due to Cheeky Monkey. He started the ball rolling and it hasn't stopped yet. I reckon we all owe you a pint or three mate.

M

mel Crighton

First bit of Good he has ever done most of the time he's taking the P

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
We know that but it doe'nt stop the Angling Times from taking the credit. Not a mention of the people on this site that got the ball rolling.
I think Cheeky should stand at the next elections he would be able to give a unique perspective to the problems of the country.

N

Nick Austin 2

as i said... "Cheeky Monkey", chairman for the "anglers against abolition" party!!!

T

The Monk

what a party will do to get votes and what a party will do after they are in power, are from my experience different things, and i don`t really beleive Leopards change their spots, I would be very careful with the greens, they do have a very large following of extremist followers

W

Wolfman Woody

And Monkey's can't change their cheeks.

The beer will do fine, thanks. I don't care if they do take the credit, you saw it here first and I'm only happy that it stirred things up a bit.

As for politics, been there, done that, got the badge and rosette (still!) and a banner stuck on a board. A waste of six years of my life, but interesing ones and I made a lot of friends.

N

Nick Austin 2

maggie (munkey), youv'e been rumbled!.....

Lets face it, either way they play it now, the greens have shown themselves to be aparty that really dosn't have much of a clue about core environmental, green etc etc issues.... who's to say that many of their other policies arn't based on old information or fanatical pressure?.

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
If they're that easily swayed, shouldn't we join and keep on persuading? Some of the most biodiverse habitats in these islands are that way because they are preserved for fishing and shooting. Don't we dread the same environmental disasters that the greens are busy trying to warn the world about? They dam' nearly got taken over by the bunny-huggers - but if we joined and made our views known, we'd outnumber the loonies, and the pukka environmentally aware greens would find themselves in a position of increased influence,both within and beyond the party.

Pete Austin 3

Reaction score
If we did that,all the bunny huggers would breakaway and form the even greener party

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

They call their supporters "The Mushrooms"

Because they keep them in the dark and feed them loads of shit

R

Ron Troversial Clay

That's right chaps vote for Cheeky!!

With all his faults he will be a darned sight better that Blair. Mind you that doesnt take much doing.

Beware of the Green's changing their stance on angling. Ominous in my opinion.

I believe that years ago, the Greens did have some good policies based on the truth about conservation. Then they were of course hijacked by the bunny huggers and PETA supporters who don't have a clue about proper wildlife and fishery management.

It reminds me of the work done some years ago in South Africa by bona fide hunters.

Today, some parts of Africa have so much game, including elephants and rhino that they have to cull them on a regular basis. Good money is payed by hunters if they want to shoot an elephant, or even a rhino. In other parts of Africa with no conservation policies, poachers have made the Black Rhino for example, almost extinct.

So what do you do if you shoot a big tusker.

What you do do is sell the ivory for a good sum that is ploughed right back into conservation.

The strange pardox is that countries with good wild life animal policies have a mountain of ivory they can't sell because of misguided ideologies by others who ban the sale of the tusks because they do now know how to control poachers.

In SA, Botswana and other countries with proper conservation, poachers are shot on sight and buried!!

J

John Hepworth

If Hartlepool can elect a football club mascot monkey for a Mayor, then such an eminent monkey such as Cheeky would win easily. Mind you, they also hang them in Hartlepool.

S

Steve King

Well gone Jeff!

If we ever meet up for a fishing session, I'll keep a tinny in the coolbox for you mate!

W

Wolfman Woody

Like I said, been there done that (well not PMs job) and finished with politics. And been to Hartlepool, but managed to get out before I was discovered. They still think the Napoleonic Wars are on up there, John.

B

Bill Eborn

Rumour has it that the MP for Hartlepool, a certain Mr (Lord Voldamort) Mandelson, I believe, leaves a trail of slime wherever he goes.

J

John Hepworth

PM is actually a bloody good constituancy MP, there have been 100's of ?millions invested in the town since he became its MP.
Hartlepool is now the St Tropez of the North