In Praise of the EA

M

mel Crighton

Just read an article in todays AM about the effort of the EA and the recent opening of Lanny's Lagoon a specifically designed venue for the disabled with 10 swim platforms path's and car park and not to forget the toilets so now you know where ?5,500 of our licence money went

I say well done THE EA!

S

Shrek

Is this the Lannys Lagoon nr Brinklow in Warwickshire? If it is, it's up near me and I've fished it a couple of times. Unless vast (and we're talking not having to walk 500 yards over rough tracks and through 5 bar gates) changes have been made then I don't see how those with walking disabilities are able to get to these newly created swims?

M

mel Crighton

Adrian it at Stretton-under-fosse, apparently they have restored the car park and paths,

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Its a long way for thouse anglers up north to travel to. I think the money would have been better spent as grants to make commercials all over the country more disable freindly.
Remember the money comes from anglers in all parts of the country.

J

John Hepworth

I think the EA is doing a good job country wide, especially up here in the North East I'm all for helping disabled anglers but why should the EA put money into commercial fisheries? Don't go running away with the idea that these people running these commercials are doing through the goodness of their heart

M

mel Crighton

John,
I like your point, and would like to add this, I am shortly to take a new dog fully trained and certified i ask at one of the commercial if the rule regarding was rigid (trick question that) and the answer was absolutely when I told him abpout my dog he said you bring it here and you wont be let in what a shock he's got coming let him try and stop me, I know something he does not. amd yes it seems that all the cash is going to commercials what about some cash for the clubs for the same purpose.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
All for the money going to the clubs as well. half asleep when i got in from work this morning meant to put commercials and clubs.

John we all know there in it for the money it's a buisness. Other buisnesses get finacial help with regards to employement or help for the disabled so why not fisheries as well.