Day Ticket Barbel

A

Adam Wiggans

I am keen to try barbel fishing without tying myself to any particular water. I have fish the Kennet at Aldermarston 3X and blanked. Can any suggest day ticket waters i might try. I live in the south East but prepared to travel.

B

BUDGIE BURGESS

Adam,I live at Lydd,on the Romney Marsh in Kent.Due to my foreign trips I dont get as much Barbel fishing in as I would like but a mate and I regularly travel to the Kennet and the Severn.If you are close let me know there is usualy a spare seat.Some times we go intentionaly for a big fish other times just to catch lots of Barbel! and have fun.We are normaly reasonably sucsessfull.We all ways fish day ticket stretchs.

A

Adam Wiggans Wiggans

Thanks for the reply, i live Whitstable. My wife and I are expecting 2nd child end august so fishing may be a bit cramped this year. Please let me know when your going and if work/home can accomadate i'll be there.
Adam

G

Goose Ganderton

Hi adam i tooam just getting into barbel fishing. At present I belong to Mid Kent Fisheries who control a stretch of the Medway at East Peckham where I have had a few small barbel but I want more and larger so I looked to the next sections of the river the first is run by Tumbridge and District who offer day tickets but I have decided to buy a Royal Tunbridge Wells ticket who river held the barbel record a few years ago and for just ?100 it has got to be a good buy. Im not sure if they do a day ticket or not but if they allow guests maybe you would like to come along with me on a few outings. Buy the way I also live in Whitstable.

A

Adam Wiggans

Thanks, let me know how you get on. small world isn't it ?

G

Goose Ganderton

Hi Adam I have just recieved my ticket to fish Tumbridgewell waters which I am told holds some good Barbel. If you want to come with me on a guest ticket you are more than welcome. A guest day ticket is just ?5 .Let me know if you fancy a day.

P

Paul Williams

Adam,
We haven't had the pleasure of either Goose or Budgie for a while on FM.

L

Laurie Harper

Hi Adam. I lived in Whitstable for a couple of years about twenty years ago. Nice in summer, but when that North Easterly roars in from the Arctic in winter it's a bit ch-ch-ch-ch-chilly. I have a Reading book so if you'd like to arrange a day, let me know and I'll sort out a guest ticket. Also, a free stretch of the Thames near Windsor has been kind to me and it's not such a long trek.