Fox warrior rod?

Carpfish_2004

Reaction score
Anyone got this rod and recommend a test curve for carping? At the moment I'm heading for a 2.5?

J

jason fisher

it might come in useful if you let on what type of carping you'd be doing with it.

Peter West

Reaction score
Danny.
Just bought two warrior 3lb rods, for price you cant go far wrong they were voted best rod for under ?100 in carp world mag, I was going for the 2.5 myself, but when I went in shop fox?s sales rep was in and talking to him he advised me to get the 3lb ones only because I want to use them for method feeding as well has boillies. Hand quite a few fish on them now and they are a good soft rod, personally cant really tell much difference between them and my old 2.5 rods so I am glad in the end I went for the 3lb ones, but again it depends what you want from them.

Carpfish_2004

Reaction score
so wont this rod be able to handle the method feeder method, upto 30-50yds? Mainly just want a rod with a nice bending action (hate stiff rods) and able to cope with 20 - 30lb carp. Distances upto to 100yards with normal legering. Got a cheap 2.5 redwolf rod but it dont seem to handle the old method feeder, would a more expensive 2.5 warrior do the trick?

michael hellewell

Reaction score
ive got 2 3/4lb tc warriors which I find pretty much ok for everything i need in a carp rod from 5 ounce watch leads on the trent to big method feeders on gravel pits I wouldnt advise anything less than 2 3/4

Robbie H

Reaction score
Danny, when choosing a rod bearing mind the 'action' of each. Some are stiff due to the distance required to cast. A softer rod won't cast as far. I have used both barbel rods and 2 3/4 warriors for method work. Both too soft, i now use the shimano hyperloop in 2lb 3/4 for method, slightly stiffer and reaches better distances. All though a stiffer rod has the possibility of hook pulls when netting. hope this helps.

K

Kaz

I have just bought the new warrior xt Rods 3lb tc and what a difference they make to my casting I couldn't cast as far as the lads do, but with these new rods my casting is much better and im getting much further out, iv used them now since the start of the season and really like them they are strong and very light I can give them some welly I havent bought any rods for some years and got these at a really good price from my local fishing takle shop they took ?40 off beacuse I bought the pair, for me I thought that was a bargian! I use a 3oz lead and Pva bags so I guess the overall weight is about 4-5oz and im whaking them out, and with just a boilie on even further, so if they are ok for this lass then I can recommend them for the lads, next on the list is some Big Pit reels then maybe ill hit the bank on the other side (he he he)