River call

Daniel Matley

Reaction score
Can anyone out there please provide me with the river call number for the midlands, I'm after details on the Warwickshire Avon.

Thanks in advance,

Dan.

M

mel Crighton

River Call midlands Region is 0906 619 7744

hope this helps

calls charged at 60p minute

Hutch

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a rivercall number for the Wye?

jp

Reaction score
Not really, but you might get some info here,

0906 6197755

http://www.yucc.org.uk/jay/Links-Water_Levels/

The annoying thing is that the EA do have all the information but won't part with it, unlike their Scottish counterparts.

Time for a revolt? Could a concerted effort from the www of angling persuade them to come up with something useful?

Hutch

Reaction score
Spot on JP, the druids are definatley different to their english counterparts, they even give you feet and inches.

Cheers.

M

mel Crighton

For all you that may be interested.

Rivercall Area Numbers

North East region 0906 619 7722
Coquet,Tyne,Tees,Wear,swale,Ure,Ouse,Derwent,Nidd,Wharfe,Aire,Calder,Don,Dearne.

North West Region 0906 619 7733
derwent,Ribble,Irwell,goyt,Weaver,Dane,Eden,lune,Kent.

Midlands Region 0906 619 7744
Avon,Dove,Derwent,Severn,soar,Tame,Teme,
Trent,Vyrnwy

Welsh Region 0906 619 7755
Wye,Usk,Tywi.

Matthew Black

Reaction score
Daniel,

Buy a copy of Midland Angler and read the Midland Fishery Reports which includes the Warwickshire Avon.

It's not what happened last month but prospects of what is happening now and beyond.

Quite often a feature will appear in the mag re the Avon.

Manor Farm just outside Evesham is fishing brilliantly at the minute for chub and barbel and is day ticket.

N

Nigel Moors 2

Matt, went to Manor Farm last year for a day but it was quite dead. The weather turned a bit but there were two locals fishing the top two pegs in the faster water and these looked like to best pegs. What's the rest of it like if a good angler (unlike me) gets on it? How pressured are the barbel and chub? Fished the Stour and find these fish know all about pressure so a lot of people catch in daylight on small baits etc. Frightens me a bit that does on weedy rivers but the Warks Avon doesn't look too bad.