Ingredients of pellets

dan2802

Reaction score
me and my step dad are going to start making pellets we have all of machines needed to cook them and mixers all of that sorted we just dont know what to put in the mix to make them we have been making floating koi food and selling well but we have had hundrends of people ask for sinking feed so need some recipies for pellets
please help
thanks

the indifferent crucian

Reaction score
I know fishmeal is a main ingredient. Some add some Thai prawn paste, known as belachan. Garlic was working well for me last night. If you make your own garlic oil, be ruddy careful, garlic contains an enzyme that makes Botulinum food poisoning grow really well. Botulism is deadly and has no smell or taste.
You might consider the bottles of flavour boosting liquids from the tackle shop...not cheap though.

How you make sure they are sinkers when pumped, I don't know.

Dynamite Baits do some that only need soaking for a couple of hours and they soften and sink. They work well and only cost £3 for a ruddy big packet..you'd be up against some stiff opposition there.

cg74

Reaction score
I can't see how you could possibly compete with Skrettings etc for quality or cost of pellets, boilies perhaps.
Read through this link Dan You may get a bit of a understanding.
Daft pellet questions... - Barbel Fishing World Forums

Better off buying pellets in bulk from an animal feed merchant for less than £1/kg for carp pellets, trout and halibuts are a little more expensive (still easily obtainable for around £1/kg).
Repackage it in 1kg bags, or follow current trend and sell in 0.8 kg bags (for about 10% less, despite getting 20% less bait), for £4-£5/kg, sorted!