Poxy Weather

D

Deck Monkey

Was going to go for my first trip since early part of the year today but its wazzin it down. Have to be tomorrow now. I just hope the rain doesn't cool down the water too much.

So: where are we all going this weekend and what are we targeting?

F

Frothey

i dunno, a bit of cooling down and oxygenating will do them good? hope so, cos i'm of for a couple of days.....

R

Richard Huggett 1

No fishing tomorrow...students arriving. 2 15 year old German girls coming for ten days. And no, I don't need any help !!!

Off Monday though...an eel session planned on a local river.

M

mel Crighton

Pity on that Richard, i'll be at Moor Hall on Monday and Sharnfold on Thursday,

Tony Burgess

Reaction score
Never had a problem fishing in the rain.It's the gale force winds that do my head in.

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
The gardens had a nice watering now thank you, so it can turn nice again for a few weeks.
A fishing match next weekend
A BBQ at ours for neighbours on the 17th July.
A James Taylor concert in the open at Blickling Hall on the 24th.
Then a weeks holiday in Scotland.

So b***** the fishing, I'd like a few weeks of dry sunny weather.

L

Les Clark

It was supposed be howling winds and shed loads of rain down here this weekend, a bit of rain,looking out of my window now,clear skies and sunshine!

N

Nick Austin 2

YUP LES!... me too!...

Got out last night for a few hours.... maybe this avo' too if i get out of work early enough.... mind you, DOUBLE BUBBLE and all that!

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
Graham I believe from reading the angling papers that Blickling is still fishing well particularly for bream & Pike. I hope to go early on the day of the concert and have a look around.

J

John W.

Talk about poxy weather, I just put the charcoal in the bar-b-q and there was a rumble of thunder and it started pouring down. everything then went in the oven and on a griddle pan and as soon as it was cooked the sun came out and it stayed bright for the rest of the evening.

D

Deck Monkey

Wind was horrendous on saturday. Went down sunday morning and found out after an hour that there was a shoot on (the venue is shared with a clay shooting club but the tackle shop didn't bother to tell me they were shooting yesterday).

Came back at 12:30 fater the shooting, got the peg I wanted and trsaight into a bream. Only about a pound but first of the year and all that. after that, just 2 half pound roach and some missed bites. 4 pm and it started to piss down, and I mean coming down in sheets, and me, being me, I don't have a brolly. Never had one so I had to do a runner.

Oh well, never mind. At least now I'll have the impetus to go buy a brolly. And a new landing net as I discovered the mice in the shed have completely destroyed my big net, nibbled my net bag and decimated my boiler suit. I need a trap and some poison...