Cat meat

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Hi all was feeding the cat today and got to wondering what flavour the carp prefare or is it the anglers. I haver never used it and i know it is mainly used on the pole which i also dont use. So this thread is just out of intrest.

So lets here it for the Brand and Flavour you use and for which fish.

T

The Monk

we used to use Kit e Kat in the seventies, horrible stuff, you stunk of it for weeks after, but it used to catch

Alf James

Reaction score
Coshida chucks in gravy from Lidl - cost 25p. Use the red or blue canned variety as the green and purple don't seem to work as well.

If you haven't got a store near you try Katkins chunks in gravy - not chucks in jelly - available from Tescos and Sainsburys. Most of the local match anglers on my local fisheries prefer Katkins to Coshida.

I've never worried about the flavour of the Katkins meat or the firmness of the chunks as I only fish it on the pole.

T

The Monk

mix it with gelatine, you can make a cake out of it and simply cut chunks off it like luncheon meat

L

Les Clark

Monk,didn`t use gelatine,just 6 or so egg`s,it was a bit messy and the wife (the first)wasn`t too happy about the smell and mess in the kitchen,but s**t happens!

T

The Monk

Les, Had the same problem with the first wife or maybe the second)?

First wifes are always a problems, best get the first marrage over as soon as possible, a good carp anglers should always have a string of broken marriages behind him, thats what I always say?

whichever way you look at it, catmeat stinks and women are unreasonable

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Cheers lads. Thanks for all the info.

Monk never managed one yet they all seem to leave. Don't understand it myself.

T

The Monk

you` ve obviously got the right attitude Bryan

after the third one left I was begining to wonder if I was at fault (silly as it sounds)

I`ve since come to my senses though!

always remeber Bryan, women come and go

but a fishing rods is for life!

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
But dont forget they get lonley so buy it a freind every now and then. I seem to have aquired a whole community upstairs.

F

FLUFF CHUCKER

Hi just a thought as we use cat meat on the hook as bait; has anyone used Chappie dogmeat as a groundbait as it is so highly scented with fishmeal, as you know I am new to coarse, less than one season I have never yet tried any groundbaits yet. cheers Anthony Noel

N

NottmDon

Coshidas the one they all seem to use but I cant fish it myself, the stink, as Monk says sticks to not only the angler but his kit as well. Doubt my missus would be too chuffed if I came home from a match stinking of a cats dinner, says I sometimes look like a dogs dinner after a night session for barbus lol! I compromised and use some Van den Eynde "Cat food gravy" to flavour a home made bait, had two lovely carp on it fishing the pole in a pleasure session. Doubt this additive as ever been near a cats gravy as it washed off afterwrads with no lingering pong!

N

NottmDon

sorry about the spelling errors there, I think my computers keys sometimes move around lol!