Bye, Bye, Mr Henman

S

Shrek

Lost in straight sets. Oh dear.....!!

Apart from fishing and rugby, are there actually any other sports the England are any good at?

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe we need that nice young Mr Beckham to take up Tennis.
After all, he'd be sure NEVER to hit the net, wouldn't he?

Just wait though until later this year when we send an army of no hopers to the Olympics - now that is just pure embarrassement waiting for a place in time to occur.

A Wayne

Reaction score
You sure that the English are too good at Rugby now? Seem to have gone downhill a bit since messers Johnson and Wilkinson have been absent! One of which never to come back MWAHAHAHAHA

p.s. I support the Welsh Rugby Team

M

michael rouse

That may be due to the fact that you are half Welsh?

D

Deck Monkey

Test cricket is going well (but not the ODI's).

Henman is and always will be a perennial loser because he doesn't have the bottle and the will to win. He will always be second division.

S

stuart palfrey

AWayne,what have you lot done since the 70's,you all live in the past get real mate,we have to rebuild a team it will take time to get there remember we took some savage beatings whilst building the side that has bill,to you sad Taffs the world cup,so we are on track.ARE you your side is full of old past there best forwards and Shane Williams a lion in waiting.PS how did you get on against the boks.? ....

A Wayne

Reaction score
Well hows about we beat the BARBARIANS 42 - 0 recently!

S

Stuart Bullard 3

Tim Henman always a loser ? Second Division ? Give me a break. He won a masters event early this year beating ALL the top names, semi's of French, 9 consecutive 4th rounds or better, won 2 events last year.

And answer me this, where is the next best British tenis player? I think you will find them wallowing in the rank 200+ (I dont count Rudseski, and even he is now a really low ranking).

There is no person more dominant in his own sport in the UK (by that I mean he is better than the rest in the UK by a bigger margin that any other leaders in their sport).

I think, given the derisory nature of UK Tenis, he has been a marvel, and he conducts himself as a sportsman should.

Footballers in the UK - now that is what I call losers.

J

jason fisher

the barbarians arent a proper rugby team, for example when did wales last beat new zealand, australia, south africa, france or ireland.
it wasn't in the last 12 months, we have on the other hand beaten all of them in the last 12 months.
how many welsh players play in the english premiership other than rob howley.

how many of the welsh team were actually born in wales rather than new zealand or harrogate.

it would appear that apart from scott gibbs, scott quinnel and rob howley wales don't really have much to offer at the moment in terms of players with any real ability.

footballers even has looser in it.

J

jason fisher

when did england last put anything close to a full strength team out against the barbarians, The answer to this question is they don't anymore matches against the barbarians are played by the england second team at best so as i said before they do not count.
it's abaout time we introduce a proper six nations
new zealand, australia, south africa, france, ireland and england.

then the minnows like wales would have a bit of a chance of winning something against teams of their sort of standard such as italy, rumania and scotland.

S

stuart palfrey

Must agree with you Jason,the matches with the bar-bars are a one off fun game for most or to try out up and coming players.Trust the Welsh to take it seriously,but they can't beat any team of note so let them dream and harp on about the 70's.

A Wayne

Reaction score
What? Did somebody mention the 70s!
Now the seventies, that was a proper decade for sporting achievment....

;)

M

Martin Scullion

I actually think Tim deserves a break, he has been very consistent in his wimbledon appearances and has had to single-handedly carry the hopes of a nation throughout the tournament. The sad fact of it he is just not quite good enough, he is certainly top ten quality but unfortunately there have always been a few players ahead of him.

Perhaps if he had had other UK players around him it may have eased the burden and maybe helped him go that little bit further, but with the dearth of talent in British Tennis that was never gonna happen, it's not just the mens game either the UK ladies scene is pretty hopeless as well

As to the future, I think the LTA are whinging about funding again, but they fail to realise that until they convert it from a game played by middle-aged, middle class mums & dads into a rival to Football, Golf, Cricket, Rugby we are gonna have to wait a long long time for a Wimbledon champ.

End of Rant.

S

stuart palfrey

Martin you are dead right,tennis in this country is all about money.Out there is a kid with great potential no money but guts and the will to fight and better himself or herself,these are the ones we should be looking for and give them the means to meet their aim.These rich tennis players we produce do not have the will to win they have it all already.I think the same thing is wrong with our football team,take the greek side they are all unknown some from our 1st div.But they have guts and the will to win.

J

John Hepworth

Tim who?
Am I alone in thinking unnural thoughts(at least for someone of my age) about the new ladies champ?