Masterline six shooter reel

R

Rob

I've been given a Masterline Six Shooter Reel but having not used a baitcasting reel before I'm unsure about which knobs do what! Can anyone shed any light?!

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Cheeky Monkey is into knobs ---I'm sure he'll be able to help

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Hope this helps.

The star shaped disc at the side of the handle is the Drag.
The push bar on the top realeases the spool for casting.
The knobs in the centre in line with the spool adjust the positioning of the spool. the one opposite the handle is used to adjust the freespool speed. You do this by holding the rod out with the lure on and slacking till the weight of the lure just pulls line from the spool. If this is to slack you will get over-runs and the inevitable birds nest. You must rember to slow the spool as it hits the water.
If i remember correctly it also as magnetic bracking. This shoul be a slider on the opposite side to the handle. use this on maximum to start if the wind is behind you slacken it of a little at a time.
Good luck from what i have seen they are a nice little reel.

W

Wolfman Woody

Too many knobs for me.

Seen them around, but never got to grips with the knobs.

If it's the first time you've used a multiplier take short casts first until you get used to it. Don't flick the bait out. You need to swing it nice and smoothly and keep one eye on the bait and one eye on the spool. Don't worry if you go boss-eyed, a simple operation can correct that in later life.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Theres a review of it in the review section on here

R

Rob

thanks for the replys. Still a little unsure tho! Theres 1 knob next to the drag and another the other side to the handle. Which knob adjusts the brake and which adjusts the free spool speed?

P

Peter Waller

The little knob controls the speed of the spool. The knob on the otherside controls the breaking. Don't judge other multipliers by that particular model! Not the worlds best reel might be the politest thing you can say about them.

Pete Austin 3

Reaction score
I`ll second that peter.I much prefer,and use, the abu range of multis for most of my lure fishing,except light stuff,then I use okuma epix 30s

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
I have to agree Only use Abu's myself. Theres not much that can touch them for reliabilty and quality.

W

Wolfman Woody

Mines an Abu 5000c too. Plus I have an old Abumatic, but that's a different story.

The Abu's are built like watches, which is what the company started off making.