back after 23 years

Lee Jordan

Reaction score
hi All,

i used do do a bit of fishing years ago but decided to get back out there. no tackle though. bought some gear from e-bay (second hand) got all i needed and some more. here's where the problem begins! included with all the tackle was a pole. forgive my ignorance but i do not have a clue how this style of fishing works. i think its all set up for me as there is elastic running through it. how do you set it up? i presume you use one of the different types of the rigs that you can buy but if any kind sole could point me in the right direction i would be greatfull.

went fishing for the first time again in 23 years at ferry meadows (Peterborough) manage to catch 5 but caught 2 nice Bream 1 at 3.5lb and the other just under 3lb. well chuffed as the the bream was caught after reading some advice from this site. used some ground bait on a cage feeder and 2 red maggots on a 16 hook. Yipee..!!

So if anyone could advise me on the pole fishing.. i'm all ears.
or if there is anyone in the area who wouldn't mind me tagging along so i can pick up some tips. no other fishing buudies at present so if you can help a fishing bill no mates much apreciated.

Mind you going to the tacklefest in peterborough this weekend. should pick up some info there.

Catch u Later

Lee

Mick Goodhand

Reaction score
First of all i'd take your pole to your local tackle shop, and get them to check that the elastic is up to the type of fishing that you want to do.Also the elastic could be old and needs changeing.