Are you a....

• Thread starter Richard Huggett 1
  • Start date
R

Richard Huggett 1

What's your preferences ? And why ? Or do use both ?

F

Frothey

both.....its a bit har to get sticks into solid concrete!
prefer sticks though

S

Shrek

Bank Sticks are my preference, however I do have one of those "Chair Mate" devices that clamp onto the leg of your chair and allow you to have an extending feeder arm or rod rest and so on and so forth.

I never fish with more than one rod as on the odd occasion when I have I've always ended up with fish on both rods at the same time and got in a right "two & eight", therefore a pod is something I wouldn't use.

T

The Monk

I actually own about five pods these range from a single one for concrete banks to a Infact I was actually designing buzz bars back in the early seventies prior to them becoming commercially available, I do however also use single bank sticks, particularly if I want the rods pointing in the direction of the baits (not somewthing which is generally neccassary while applying modern carp fishing methodologies although still advantageous while fishing for species like eels

R

Richard Huggett 1

I guess the favourite is something like Fox's Quattro pod....concrete or mud, it's all the same.
But at a price......!!

T

The Monk

he fox pods are very good, I`ve used a couple of Euros since they first came out, they are very robust

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Bank sticks every time, I have used a pod but find it limits where I can fish. i'm lucky in not having hard ground where I go nowadays. Also using banksticks enables me to direct my line above and beyond any nearby floating weed better. (I think)?

R

Richard Huggett 1

'spose it's a case of horses for courses.

Mind you, how do get a horse to stand still long enough so you can lay your rods across it's back ??

L

Les Clark

Richard, do what the Welsh do with sheep ? back legs down your wellys?

R

Ron Troversial Clay

I use a forked stick cut from the hedge.

It's called an "Idleback".

J

jason fisher

like frothey,
i use bank sticks by preferance and a pod if the sticks acannot be used.

B

Big Rik

almost every lake I fish is a gravel pit, so it's stake out sticks if I can or a pod.

with single sticks, I'd be there for at least 2 days trying to get the bloody things in the ground.

J

jason fisher

the las time though i used a bent thistle one end and my chair the other

N

Nick Austin 2

I use Bank sticks 80% of the time, only use a pod if it's REALLY necessary.
Sticks allow more flexibility when it comes to setting up your swim. Iv'e also found that some of the cheaper pods arn't actually that stable, esspecially causing problems when you lift one rod off, the other can be "knocked" without much effort.

Y

yoggy

I"ve never owned a pod in my life as it didn"t match my style of fishing but like rik i"m now started to fish alot of gravel pits for tench and bream it makes a nice change from my river roving,,i can see myself buying one shortly for the pits,,so which one should i buy???

A

Andy "the Dog" Nellist

Multi-rod still-water for anything other than pike or zander I tend to use a pod simply for convenience. For anything else sticks are normally better at suited to positioning your rods where and how you need them to be.