Hayfever

The Pig

Reaction score
Anybody got a cure for hayfever?Tried most things on the market but they are crap!!!

There must be some anglers out there with the same prob as me.

ATCHOOOOOOOOOOOO........

S

Shrek

I use Neo-Clarityn and they work for me.

The other thing I'm trying is honey. Find a local beekeeper who supplies honey and eat it. My theory is that as it will be produced from pollen in and around your surrounding area, you'll immunize yourself. Have to say that I've noticed a difference since I've been using it.

Robert Pearson

Reaction score
try chlorphenamine they are very good i have ome a day before iwas taking piriton
and they were crap i was having 4 a day .

G

Gary Knowles 2

make sure your maggots are riddled. Maggots in maize dust does me every time.

J

jason fisher

lock your sellf in an airtight room till it's winter and the pollens gone away.

W

Wolfman Woody

Dealing with the sneezing and tears is merely dealing with the symptoms. You have to get to the route cause of your problem.

Recent research has shown that there is something in common with every acute sufferer of hay fever. Until this particularly and seemingly inoffensive and totally unconnected little problem is dealt with in it's own right then no pharmaceuticals are going to have any effect on you whatsoever.

Strange as it may seem but all of these acute hay fever sufferers appear to have a pube stuck in their bottom. Get that out and say goodbye to hay fever.

:eek:)

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Surely human remedies won't be any good for pigs ...Never heard a pig sneeze before ...

W

Wolfman Woody

You'd be surprised Ed. They can get sunburnt, y'know!

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A pigs body make up is very close to a human being.

Honey is just about one of the things that are a 100% pure. (no additives) get it down yer neck.

M

mel crighton

Get yourself an aqualung, that just about answers that.

E

Oink oink grunt grunt oinky grunty grunty oink .....(thats piginese)Only the Pig will understand that

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Is it right Ed, that the only reason you got caught figgling with a pig is cos it squeeled on you?

M

Manic Monkey Magic Man

I'm a heavy sufferer of Hay Fever...

The sectret is to find out what sets you off, most people think flower pollen is the main culprit, but TREE POLLEN is also a bastard.Once you have become sensitised to it your on a down hill battle with nearly every other dusty substance, including pollution, fumes,brake dust, house dust etc etc.

Piriton works for me but it takes about 3 or 4 weeks of taking the tablets before a real effect is seen.

Sudafed is good for unblocking a really stuffed up nose, and clears the sinus out too.

As Jeff says, the nose and eye thing is the RESULT of hayfever, it really isn't just pollen going up your nose that makes it run, so dont get pollen on your skin. Locking yourself in an air tight rooom does work, or at least a steamy bathroom will give you relief for a while!...

I also sleep with a damp cloth over my face when it's really bad.

Rather disgustingly.... try not to swallow to much SNOT!... you'll get a stomach ache and a nasty cough to go with it.

ITS A CURSE!!!!!

The Pig

Reaction score
Sure feels like a curse,,,,,,,,,,hope i aint to bad in the morning as im of to bag up with my new secret bait that nobody else in the world knows about only me.......HA

W

Wolfman Woody

"I also sleep with a damp cloth over my face when it's really bad."

A wet sack over your head would also improve your looks through the day as well, Nick.

Serious note - My son used to suffer badly, but in recent years he's relied less on tablets. Why? Who knows, but it might be the fact that he changed his diet and eats more salads now. Could this be him getting his own back? A lot of these allergies could be tied in with diet and a styles of living - stress etc.

J

jason fisher

i get hay fever from hawthorn, which is a bit of a bugger when you've got a 30 foot high hawthorn hedge all down one side of your house.

M

Manic Monkey Magic Man

Thanks Jeff!....

Incidently, I do think that allergies can be "cured" by small exposure.

Iv'e been rolling around in the Hay shed more this year, and i'm not half as bad as i was before!..... also, it comes in cycles, every 6 or 7 years i get a year off!... then just as i think i'm cured it comes back!

E

You have to be very careful what medications you take ---
I have heart problems and can't take any decongestants (sinutabs and that kind of thing)and also have to be careful with cough medicines ...