fishtec

M

MattyB

I just tried to order around ?100 worth of gear from fishtec.com and while buying was met by a consistent error message on their site. Upon phoning them up I was told that they didn't know what the error was so 'what did I want to do?' rather than any offer of help to sort it out, when I said I'd buy it from my usual company they didn't seem to give a monkey's. I usually use Bennetts who are brilliant but thought I'd give someone else a try. Anyone had any positive or negative experiences with Fishtec?

M

michael rouse

Fishtec are the biggest pile of sh**e ever. I got some Nash scales from them a while ago now and sent them back because they were faulty.They said they could send me some Fox scales knocking off 30 quid from the price of the Nash scales.
They said they would be delivered in the next week,no such luck.Then when i phoned up they would be delivered on the 12th of June, this is around May so i was a bit miffed.I phoned up today and asked what the hell was going on. They expect their delivery around the end of July.I got a refund but Fishtec are pathetic,their prices are crap and their range of products are limited.

Dont bother with the plonkers.

M

MattyB

Glad I didn't bother with them Michael. Just put down the phone to Bennets who were as helpful as ever. Depite me having no catalogue or product numbers I was taken through all of their choices and got all of the stuff and more from them, with some advice and a promise of delivery tomorow by lunchtime chucked in. That really is service. I shall not bother with Fishtec in future. Shame as Matt Hayes with such a high profile in Angling (and in his catalogue with a portrait a page) would probably be miffed to hear how bad they are.

M

michael rouse

Fishtec probably wouldnt sell anything unless they got cheesy phrases from Matt Hayes such as "Look inside for the best prices" and "proud to be associated with fishtec".He only does it so that his TFG sale rate increases.As i did when i first picked up a fishtec catalogue.I thought that if Matt Hayes was recommending a product then it was automatically good.Its just a con for anglers who want to start(like me last summer) and its becoming obvious.The TFG Intruder carp rod advertisment in the fishtec catalogue for example.About a quarter of the page is taken up with a big "WOW" sign.

B

Big Rik

Had problems with Bennetts.
Bloody expensive for starters.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

What????

You actually payed for some tackle????

Y

yoggy

I"ve brought numerous bits of kit from fishtec and the woman on the other end of the phone couldn"t have been more helpful,,looks like you caught em on a bad day!!!,,nobodys perfect,,and riks right Bennetts are bloody expensive probably one of the most expensive mail order companies around,,,but then again if you"re happy with the service,,fair enough,,as far as matty being on the front of the fishtec mag....fair play to the bloke,,and it sounds cheesy but i"ve had a really good look at the TFG range including rods and luggage and i highly rate it,its all good quality gear.

B

Big Rik

had some spare cash and didn't know what to do with it.......

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Bennetts not worth talking about. i have given my views on this firm elsewhere. When are people going to realise you can not take advertisments at face value. Matt pic on the page is there because he got paid. As with all tackle companys they employe these people to get there products associated with them so people make the asumption that this is the one they always use.

W

"it beats supplying you with port all weekend....... again"

whinge whinge whinge whinge whinge whinge whinge

bla bla bla bla bla bla bla

R

Ron Troversial Clay

I've never bought much from mail order outlets, but I have from Fishtec and have never had a problem.

The best mail order shop for me has been J&K Tackle in Bicester where dear old Nervous Merv used to hold sway.

I've spent hundreds of pounds in that shop over the years.

M

Manic Monkey Magic Man

j & K is a great shop, Iv'e ordered from Leslies of Luton too, and they are good, but you have to watch the mailing prices!.

M

mel crighton

Your lucky my son-in-law ordered some goods from Askari 6 weeks ago still waiting, I use a good local store and get a good discount.

W

"where dear old Nervous Merv used to hold sway"

He still does Ron.

W

Wolfman Woody

At heart Merv is a really nice fellow always ready with a bit of advice and willing to help. Then again, if he doesn't like something he won't hold back.

If you didn't know him he would make milk curdle. And even his best mate Trefor West would tell you that. :eek:)

W

Biggest wind up merchant there is is our Merv.