Drennan MkIII Tench Float

Steve Hammatt

Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting one of these, but I wanted to check something. All the pictures that I've seen on websites show a full cork handle with no screw reel seat.

However, in the current issue of Improve Your Coarse Fishing, they appear to show one of these (in a competition) which does in fact have a screw reel seat.

Does anyone know if this is something that Drennan have recently updated on the rod ?

I'm keen to get one with a screw reel seat if possible, so I wanted to check the options before buying. Thanks for any replies.

R

Ron Troversial Clay

The latest Drennan Tench Floats have a down locking screw reel fitting. They are also finished in semi-matt.

Very nice they are indeed.

Steve Hammatt

Reaction score
Thanks Ron. That's the last thing stopping me from getting one out of the way. Drennan Tench Float, here I come !

R

Ron Troversial Clay

Enjoy it Steve. These rods are modern classics.

Robert Pearson

Reaction score
has anyone got a photo of ariel centerpin
for me to look at please a friend got a reel that looks the same but i cannot get the back of to see if the names on the back of the drum.

jp

Reaction score
There's a lot of different models of Aerial pins Robert, best idea I can suggest is to do a search on Ebay, there's bound to be some pics on there. Or try a search on www.google /images.