Otters are

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
I wonder how many times body weight of our fish they consume in a day...must be considerable countrywide considering they now inhabit avery single county in the UK....they are beautiful creatures but I wouldn't want them taking up residence in my local lakes!!

....when I think of them knocking off a 2lb roach I can really find them quite repulsive......

jasonbean1

Reaction score
Tee Cee you are a ****** that does not understand nature one bit...why not open your eyes a little, along with many other anglers

quickcedo

Reaction score
Beany, just noticed you there. Both you and Colin aboard the good ship FM. Nice to see you here. Mark

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
That's a bit strong JB!

They'll probably work their way through the carp first Tee-Cee.....

Day Breamer

Reaction score
Otters are my favourite mammal, nature is nature and i love them.

I am a little surprised that they are apparently so popular tho.

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
jasonbean1-mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm-why don't you read the email properly?

Why be so aggresive?

Normally I don't have any direct contact with FM members but in your case,and to cause you maximum embarrasement I am prepared to make an exception.

You obviously doubt my credentials as a nature lover so if you fancy a trip I am prepared to invite you to my home to view my understanding of nature first hand.This could even include lunch and would take no more than 2 hours to see what my wife and I do for nature.....

...as likely as not you would probably have little to say afterwards and in all probability walk away with your foot in your mouth were it belongs!!

Please let me know when you are available.......cannot promise any otters though.....

ps

Last edited:

the indifferent crucian

Reaction score
Are you and your wife naturists, perhaps?

;)

---------- Post added at 07:19 ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 ----------

Tee Cee you are a ****** that does not understand nature one bit...why not open your eyes a little, along with many other anglers

What an aggressive statement.

Nature,eh?

That would be where one life form uses another for food, perhaps wiping a few hundred out just to practice, would it?

Of course, I know better than a cat....I sling 'em back!

;)

jasonbean1

Reaction score
Tee Cee,

I do apologise that my post was aggressive and aimed at you, however it was not the intention when I posted it. I do not know you and should not made an instant judgement and you are entitled to have a go at me, thank's the offer of lunch.

I get fed up and angry when it comes to alot of issues around angling now, the politics the opinions and the mis guided direction coarse angling as whole is going in. So if I come across as rude or aggressive it's not just for the sake of being so.

The direction we are heading does not look good, as in life everything changes and many rs don't seem to adapt or understand....I may be like that myself. I ewould like to think with the Angling Trust in charge now things wioll look better...I don't think they will though.

cheers
Jason

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
What these 'animal rights' or anti anglers never seem to understand is that nature finds its own balance. In the case of otters it decided that otters were not a sustainable species because the conditions they required to exist were no longer there. By reintroducing otter to an unsustainable environment is cruel to the otters and will end once again with them suffering and finally their demise.

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
....many moons ago Crucian....many moons ago..

Still have the urge mind(including the odd wicked thought) but I think that's where it is-in the mind..!!

on the positive side,I do manage a lot more fishing these days!

Graham Marsden

Editor Emeritus
Reaction score
Britain's most popular mammal according to a survey by the Springwatch team!!:D:D:D

But why though?

Simply because the otter looks so cute, it has that 'oh so nice and cuddly' look that the public drool over.

Have a look at the first picture below and you understand why. Then have a look at the crudely Photoshopped second picture and ask yourself if the otter would still be the general public's favourite mammal if they looked like that, which is really more conversant with the otter's true nature.

otter2.jpg

otter_dupe.jpg

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Jason.....I have to say I thought it was going to be a very bad day after reading your first email which then forced my response...in fact I sat here thinking that perhaps I had lost the plot and should I continue with FM....

HOWEVER,I'm pleased to say your last offering has pleased me no end and I accept what you say-so absolutely no hard feelings!!

Like you I really hope the AT will make a difference for fishermen in the long run but it's going to take time although many don't agree with some aspects of it...time will tell...

In my view we can all do our bit to help nature......even if its just throwing out a bit of bread every day!

On the positive side I'm watching a female House Sparrow feed her newly fledged brood at the moment which follows exactly the same thing yesterday when six Blue Tits made a very noisy entrance onto the world stage....good to see and certainly puts asmile on my face!!

quickcedo

Reaction score
What these 'animal rights' or anti anglers never seem to understand is that nature finds its own balance. In the case of otters it decided that otters were not a sustainable species because the conditions they required to exist were no longer there. By reintroducing otter to an unsustainable environment is cruel to the otters and will end once again with them suffering and finally their demise.

So very well said.
also to be included in there list of cruel acts is of course releasing thousands of Mink into a landscape which had no answer to them.