moving to south lincs

P

pedantopterix

I've got a new job in SE Lincs. I'll be moving in a few weeks time. Anyone any suggestions as to places to fish, clubs etc. I might be interested in joining a syndicate later on - if they'll have me!

I fish for carp some of the time, rivers for whatever's there, I go piking too. Any zander around? There must be surely!

Any helpful suggestions appreciated!

S

sash

Whereabouts? Loads of good fishing in the whole of Lincs but can give you more detail as to the most local to you if I know where.

P

pedantopterix

Thanks Sash. Probably Skeggie - that's where I'll be working, so i dont want to be too far away. The furthest away I would want to live would be Louth or Boston.

S

sash

hmmmm, not too sure about that. Fishingwise definately. Everything else wise - about as bad as each other.

Problem with Skeg area is the lack of decent fen drains or nice gravel pits!! And the vast amount of fairly crowded (with holidaymakers and .....aaargh....caravaners)1 and 2 acre commercial type pools. Boston's a much better bet with regard the drains for decent general coarse and pike (no zeds as far as I'm aware though) and Louth area has some lovely old estate lakes. The tidal Trent isn't a million miles away either but the lack of decent roads doesn't make any journey swift.

For the best access to decent fishing I'd choose Boston area - good road south to zander country, a proliferation of drains on your doorstep, some nice estate lakes, some very interesting old brickpits, a good road to the Trent and not far away from a stack of gravel pits (towards Peterborough).

Give me a shout once you've moved and I'll send you some more info re clubs and syndicates etc

P

pedantopterix

Thanks for the words, Sash & Primal Primate. I've got a place to look at on Saturday morning. In Skegness. It's just about in my range - I have to rent - and there are no options on the horizon. If it seems ok, I'll take it, regardless of other considerations, more on scarcity value than anything else. If I have to travel to go fishing, then so be it!

Tony Burgess

Reaction score
I moved up to holbeach s lincs two and a half years ago from surrey.The drains were new to me and can give you hours/days of great fishing.
have a look around the web sites for venues there seems to be a few good lakes around skeg and Boston is only 45 mins from there with many good waters and some of these are free.where I am is only an hour from skeg and the journey is an absolute doddle,mile upon mile of free flowing cars so to get to where I am on the fen drains is not that much trouble.
Hope your move goes well and good luck with the fishing.

P

pedantopterix

Thanks lads. The die is cast. I went to Skeg this morning to look at a flat, and took it. It's not perfect, but it'll do for a start. Nothing else on the horizon...

I'll let you know when I have moved and got back online again. It should be sometime in August.

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
Went into a fish and chip restaurant in Sunny Skeggy with the wife, when I went to pay, the cashier told me I was lucky, Tuesday was 25% off for pensioners.

At the time I was 56, the wife 54. Whilst I was very, very, deeply offended, being yorkshire stock I did'nt let on.

P

pedantopterix

Thanks Very much Chavender. I'll have a look when i get the chance - very busy on the baitbox tonight!