Monster Carp Pellets

Gary Sawyer

Reaction score
Me again on the hunt for more advice.
I have some monster carp pellets (pineapple flavour !!) and want some advice as to its use. Is it just meant as an attractor to get the fish interested. Should I just treat it like ground bait and throw some in every now and then ?
Thanks

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
You dont say what size they are. If they are above 6mm i would say no meant for the hook.If they are 14mm or over you can add a couple of pellets in a PVA bag or a few free offerings on PVA string. If using a bag i would break them up a little.

If they are soft hookable pellets then they are only meant for the hook. Feed with groundbait or standard sinking pellets.

Gary Sawyer

Reaction score
Thanks Bryan, they are about 6mm and not soft so I'll assume they are meant to be thrown into the area I am fishing.
Thanks
Gary

M

MaNick

It's also worth testing them for breakdown time, be a shame if you banded one up only to find it has disapeared after 10mins...... drop a few in the margins and observe, remember that pellets can break down quicker if being attacked by smaller fish constantly...

Luke Smith

Reaction score
hi gary
Ithink the best way to use pellets around the 6mm mark is to use little and often this will create competition only feed about 5-10 pellets every 3-7 minutes this should get them feeding and you should bag up .p.s be prepared to wait a little while until the fish find the feed !good luck. from luke s