mitchell reels

N

Nick King 2

does anyone on this web site collect mitchell reels and can possibly answer a queery about a reel i own.or does someone know of a shop or person etc...who specializes in servicing/repairing mitchell reels.
many thanks........

chavender

Reaction score
Ilkeston ,derbyshire ,great britain ,earth ,The un
pure fishing(abu & mitchell)
service centre's details:

pure fishing uk
unit 5 aston way
middlewich motorway estate
middlewich
cheshire
cw10 0hs
tel:+44 1606 836921
fax:+44 1606 836411
web:purefishinguk@aol.com

or at there hq

pure fishing (uk)ltd
unit 8h
marshfield bank
crewe cheshire
cw2 8uy
tel:0845 050 0091
fax:0845 050 0092
web:contactus@uk.purefishing.com

i once sent two e-mails enquiring about spare spools for my mitchell 300x pro (modern reel) never got a reply!!!

M

mel crighton

Chavender, You got the same treatment as me then, I sent them an email regarding a rod never did get a reply, I also sent a Letter recorded delivery still no reply...call this service I dont trhink so.....

R

Richard Huggett 1

Reel Care, Southampton...excellent bloke. I had two Mitchell 710 Auto fly reels, sent them to him and they came back a few days later all serviced, new springs, one had a new line guard fitted and ready to go...if I remember rightly the cost was about ?25.

Recomend him to anyone.

jp

Reaction score
and the address is,

Reel Care
100 Kendal Shops,
Kendal Avenue,
Millbrook
SOUTHAMPTON
Hampshire
SO16 9LY

N

Nick King 2

many thanks for the replies......
chavender,the reel i have just purchased is a mitchell 4450........
the reel has a square/rectangular body shape
with a grey foot and main body with black plastic type sides with a folding handle.on the handle side,there is a sliding button for either silent and ratchet type wind and on the top of the body is another sliding button for backward wind etc.......
its a mitchell reel ive never seen before and i basicly brought it for its curiosity appeal i suppose,with the intention of using it as well.
the problem i have found with it,is that when you stop winding the handle,the drum with the bail arm attatched still keeps spinning and only stops when its run out of steam or you stop it by hand.
i think the handle winding mechanism might be the problem???

N

Nick King 2

no.....not a wooden handle
the end of the handle is plastic....
the actual handle itself is a metal one thats folds up at the touch of a button......
i could always try and e-mail a pic of it to you???