Leslie's of Luton

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
I had cause to phone Leslie's this morning about buying a Harrison rod. The guy (Kevin was his name) said to put the phone down and he would ring me back, saving the cost of a long distance phone call. This he duly did.

He seemed to have all the time in the world to talk and went into depth on the various types of rod I thought were suitable for my type of fishing. Nothing was too much trouble, and no hard sell.

I finally bought a Triptych so I suppose Leslie's got something out of it but what a pleasant surprise to be treated in this way.

I would recommend these people to anyone without any hesitation.

W

Wolfman Woody

Just about picked myself up off the floor.

When I went there 2 years ago for a Harrisons rod (and let's face it they aren't bottom of the range prices) I asked for the Chimera. He brought it out of the stockroom, set it up and I asked what else had they got to compare with it. The guy said that was what I'd asked for and there was nothing else. Sorry? Harrisons don't produce a range of stuff? They couldn't wait to get my money and get me out of the shop.

As it happens I like the Chimera very much, but I will not set foot in their store ever again.

Bill Maitland

Reaction score
Monkey, believe me their customer relations have dramatically improved over the last couple of years, because it was crap.
I think they realised this and have changed it around.
Mind you they shouldn't have let Dave Green go to J&K in Bicster, he was really helpful and a laugh.

M

MaNick

I have to say, i'm impressed with leslies, although their mail order pricing can be a bit on the hefty side i feel. The goods do arrive quickly though!

Matt Brown

Reaction score
I've been impressed with Leslies' service.

They recently replaced a rod top that broke on it's third outing. There were no problems and they were very quick with replacement.

You know that feeling when something's bust and you're worried about calling the dealer in case they're sh*tty with you? I needn't have worried at all.

Having worked in retail management for 10 years, good service is much appreciated

W

Wolfman Woody

Bill, I know Dave Green having met him at J&K. Nice bloke with rarely a good word about Leslies, understandabley!

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Sounds like your aren't over-impressed with Leslies Cheeky. You can only speak as you find can't you and I felt I was treated very well indeed. But, like you say, you were treated very badly and its cost them at least one customer.

I don't suppose any amount of praise from others will make you change your mind, once bitten....

D

Deecy

Leslies don't have too much time for Mr Green I understand.
Now use Leslies first as opposed to The Tackle Shop Dartford,Leslies is quicker , cheaper and more range.
Sorry Tackle Box but 3-5 days delivery is not god enough guys.
Only thing about Leslies is that over the years they have employed some wasters but the curent crop seem very good.Hopefully they will stay.

D

Deecy

Just to add , Brentwood Angling tried to charge me ?7.50 p&p for an item that could go by 1st class letter.

L

Les Clark

I was looking on the sites for a fox continental 2 man bivvie (about 18 months ago) they were all about the same price,?400, looked on Brentwood Angling website and it was priced up for ?360,so I brought it,got it a few days later with the bill which was for the top price of ?400.
Phoned them and had a big winge,what had happened was ,they had it on 2 website page`s ,one at ?360 and one at ?400,after a phone call and a bit of debate on their side I got it for ?360 and no hard feeling on their part.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
As an update to my posting. They told me they never post things on Fridays cos of problems with couriers 'losing' things over the weekend, so they would post it Monday. 11 a.m. yesterday morning it was here, sorry cheeky but I still think thats pretty good service.

PTnymph

Reaction score
I have shop at Leslies of Luton and have used their mail orders and never ever had any problems with them.

One person who I do recommend for anyone and that is Ian Crawley, who is brillant to me.