Unsolicited Mail

J

john conway

We?ve probably had this before, however, does anyone know how to inform the Post Office to stop delivering unsolicited mail, the promotional letters and flyers which carry no name and address. I?ve asked at our village post office and the guy at the counter told me he didn?t know?

J

john conway

I've just been on the Post Office web site and there?s no box to tick or quick link into the right area, so I?ve had to resort to emailing them with a general enquiry to ask them how to stop the postman sticking promotional flyers though my letter box.
The junk mail that has my address on is easy to deal with, if there is a self paid return envelope in it, I just post it back to them with someone else?s junk mail in it.
I?ve registered with the Mailing Preference Service, but didn?t realise that I had to do it on a regular basis?

M

Mel Crighton

John, If you get so annoyed with it do what I did save it up for a week or so and then put it in the post box, nearest to your house they dont like . causes a bit of a problem at the sorting office.

W

Wolfman Woody

Heh Heh! Like it Mel!!! Must try that one.

I caught the posty one morning and as he was about to hand me all the junk I took the lid of the recycling bin and said "Save us a job mate."

M

Mel Crighton

Now just think about it for a while, say every household in an average street say 200 houses each house recieves 5kg of junk mail a month, that is a tonne of junk mail deposit that back in the system, with genuine mail ,how long would it take to sort by hand to get the genuine mail out?
the posties will get tired of posting the junk they may refuse to post it in the first place , but then again if the post office loses money the service gets worse,i will get my mail at tea time instead of lunchtime as the case is at present.

The Pig

Reaction score
Been doing that for a while,most of the letters have a return to sender on the back.

Send them all back where they came from and that will stop them......

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Can we send all our junk mail to you Mel and you can put it in your post box for us ????

W

Wolfman Woody

For years now, applications for loans and credit cards where the enclose a reply paid envelope, I tend to right "STUFF IT" across the application and shove it back in the envelope.

Another good idea is to stick the local tandoori's menu in it and post that! Why don't we all start to doi it now! As Mel says, we don't want the postie to lose his job, but this way more posties will have more work.

L

Les Clark

I think you will find that the postie gets paid 1p per junk mail he/she deliver`s?

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Thats right Les -our postman told me that ......

J

jason fisher

i'm always getting stuff that's not even adressed to my house.