My First Carp

Reaction score
The last trip I took to my local fishery was onlt meant to be stick the float in and enjoy the sun.
After several small fish I changed my hook and put on a hair rig, with a strawberry boilie.
Within seconds my rod tip went shooting to the side and I fought for many minutes to land my first carp.
A lovely 4lb common emerged its head as I netted it. What a wonderful day to catch my first carp. I will be targeting more carp in the future.They are such a beautiful fish.

L

Les Clark

Nice one Andy,a good bonus and yes they are a beautiful fish,first of many mate!

M

Mel Crighton

Once bitten, you want more well done on your first have many more happy days.

P

pedantopterix

Isnt it amazing what a scrap you can get from such small fish?

T

The Monk

well done mate, if you cant the dreaded carp fever, thats probably the end of your life as you know it, best advice I can give is get a good divorce solicitor

A

andrew jackson

"Isnt it amazing what a scrap you can get from such small fish?"

What do you mean it was a huge fish, massive!
Size is relative there was a time when a 4lb fish would have blown my mind and seen me doing cartwheels down the bank. I am sure Andy thinks it is a big fish and he has every right to consider it so.
Well done Andy lets hope it is the first of many.

TOM RICHARDSON

Reaction score
WELL DONE ANDY,I REMEMBER MY FIRST CARP 30 YEARS AGO A FANTASTIC 15ib 8oz MIRROR GOT WELL HOOKED INTO CARPIN NEVER LOOKED BACK AFTER THAT.

Reaction score
Thank you all for your messages of congrats.I have "caught" the carp bug. Many more bigguns' to come. In reply to The Monks comment I'am at this precise time looking at the yellow pagers under "s".Once again thanks.If anybody wants the venue details just ask.