HDAA Motorway Pond

Simon Duncan

Reaction score
Has anyone any idea how long the waiting list is for this water?

Cheers,

Simon.

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
I assume you're a member of HDAA Simon, and your query is night fishing permit, I was told a seven year waiting list for night permits, but, apparently they are auctioned off each year by individual members.

If its just a permit to fish, membership gives you this.

www.HDAA.co.uk

C

clicktochange

Yeah rocky's still there - or was until recently. Last caught in 2003, apparently. If you want to night fish the waiting list is as has been said. An A1 night ticket is near impossible to get. A third class ticket - known as Permit B is ?45 over and above the ?28 annual membership, but there are quite a few waters to choose from. And there's a new pit just been acquired which is being prepared for general use.

Personally I dont like the motorway much. too noisy. And too many weird carpers who dont want to talk to anyone. And just try getting any kind of decent peg even in daylight!

If you want to get a specific peg, check on it before dark to see if it's free. Then arrive at about 5am, and hope for the best! The rules say you are trespassing before 6 am mind, and there are plenty of prats who will complain about just that, so be warned!

T

The Monk

that him Merv, Rocky,

hes a Siberian I beleive!

cheers Clicky, probably be a lot quieter without that bloody motorway running past

C

clicktochange

There was a picture of Rocky in last year's book. Or was it the year before? Anyway, some of the miserable buggers I mentioned actually complain about Rocky as a nuisance fish!

T

The Monk

shame, we of course had the European Sturgeon in our rivers, I think the last one was taken from the River SDon in ca the 1780s, it weighed 200lbs plus if I remember right, its now set up in Doncaster natural history museum, if we do indeed have any nuisance fish in this country, it could be suggested its Carp, afterall they are the aliens

Joskin

Reaction score
"if we do indeed have any nuisance fish in this country, it could be suggested its Carp"

lol.

Just wait for the reactions to that comment

T

The Monk

its a wind up, I`ve been fishing for carp since the 60s, long before bivvy dwellers were born

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

When we had to make do with a sheet of polythene over a brolly.....and cooking on a solid fuel ex army emergency rations fold-up stove

T

The Monk

thats right Eddie, in fact you lot go back further than us mate, you were our heroes, I think you guys had the Cheshire Meres a good ten years before we arrived

(wrinkly old Bast**ds)

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Those were the days Mr Monk ....I've seen some 'big names' come and go on the Cheshire Meres and I can count on one hand the ones that succeeded......That was in the sixties ......

T

The Monk

they certainly were mate, an entirely different specie now occupies the Meres, both in the waters and on the banks!