Etang De Vaumigny

Wooly

Reaction score
I am going to Vaumigny soon, I've read the articles on this site (several times!) and found them really helpful but would appreciate any further advice on the water. More than happy to provide info on any of the French lakes I've fished.

C

Cakey

E-mail me on
cakey@the-bankside.freeserve.com
for photos maps fish etc.
when you going ?

got a couple of spaces left for the first week in sept if anyone interested ....Franck has challanged us to a match ...winner gets a free week on the lake

M

Malcolm Bason

"got a couple of spaces left for the first week in sept if anyone interested ....Franck has challanged us to a match ...winner gets a free week on the lake"

Boy, would have loved to go, unfortunately I'll be at Etang des Moulinots from 4th to 11th Sept.

Really do like Vaumigny, I'll deffo go again sometime!

R

rob tudor

Take plenty of rock hard boillies and a couple of tins of tigers and buy the pellets from franck when you are there not the cheapest but its what he puts in the lake over the winter. Hopefully the 'chats' will be less active in sept so don't be like me and be followed round the Intermarche by a store detective as I perused the womans underware dept for tights to net my baits Honest that what i bought them for !!
Hey Cakey Franck reckons you lot have no chance of beating him. Dont forget the margins top tip that but dont tell anyone

R

rob tudor

You are a very brave man. Franck told me he was the master of his house because Dorita said he could say so :)

R

rob tudor

Yes, I am still on a diet top nosh get fed that when you arrive and you dont need to eat the rest of the week

M

Malcolm Bason

Whats this Rob Tudor bloke doing on here? he he he ;o)

Psst - wanna buy a decent 'Trakker' winter skin for your 'seen better days' aqua dillo ???? LOL

R

rob tudor

We've sort of hi-jacked wooly's thread. The lake is not really hard there are loads of fish in there find the features in your swim listen to Francks advice and you'll be okay. Fish as you would in the UK fish for a fish at a time and you won't go far wrong. The only thing you can't control is the weather. If it wasn't for work I would be going in Sept the fish are on the move and should be feeding well. If you like a bit of big game fishing then pellets and method feeder get the sturgeon going and if you hook one of the monsters strap yourself down.

R

rob tudor

Malc couldnt take the stick for having a really twee overwrap eh?
My 5 yr old dillo is in better nick than most other makes brand new bivvys.
Got a new car yet malc it must be 3 weeks since you had the last one:)

M

Malcolm Bason

"Got a new car yet malc it must be 3 weeks since you had the last one:)"

Yes!

C

Cakey

Theres a map HERE most of the fish I have had came out of swim 8 but all swims are goers.
out of 9 of us last time there my brother was the only one to blank but he drank 3 litres of whiskey and 15 litres of the local wine from the lorry outside the local supermarket and sample all of Franck's bottles of cognac etc so I dont think he was into the fishing to much.
most swims have snags of one type or another so be prepared .
Ive never had problems with the reggies but had a few chats.

Wooly

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips guys. I've already got plenty of womens stockings, I'll get some boilie netting as well.
Do the big cats in the lake ever make an appearance ? I'd love to catch a really big one.

Wooly

Reaction score
Cakey,
Is there an error in your Email address above - I've tried sending to you but it keeps getting returned due to an address error.
Wooly

C

Cakey

its been a bit sh*t since wannado took over
but still getting spam

C

Cakey

As for the cats last time there I had one of 11lb.
Thrush had a 67lb a couple of years ago but no one really fishes for them out of my lot.

R

rob tudor

The cats do make an apperance from time to time no one I know fishes for them I had a go with dead baits a couple of weeks ago but the crays demolished the baits in no time, If you can get some small livebaits that the way to go in fact I can think of no better use for a 6" chat. There is one massive cat in there that Franck caught Last winter when I was there 7ft long rather you than me on that one. Quite a few 20-40 lbers to go for or net up some 22mm Halibut pellets and have the best of everthing carp eat them, cats eat them, and sturgeon eat them.

Wooly

Reaction score
I had quite a bit to say about catfish techniques in a previous thread so with a 4 rod limit I'll have to have a go for them. I'll stick with the boilie and pellet attack for most of the week and give live baits a try if unsuccessful.
I'll pack the uptiders and 20lb big game line and bring some rope to tie me to any nearby trees.