43lbs Fens carp

C

Chris Bishop

I hear a rumour of a 43:13 carp off a Fen drain - anyone know anything..?

Richard Lee 2

Reaction score
There has been a big fish, Chris. It is in next week's carp mag, in Angling Times.

C

Chris Bishop

Have now spoken to Mr B and done story - biggest fish ever caught in the Fens.

Awesome really, I've seen a few carp in the drains but never thought they went this big.

Y

yoggy

A 37LB common was caught in a fen drain last friday night at 9.30 pm,,,the person in question only went for a quick session after work after spotting a few carp on the suface the night before just for the record he never pre-baited went totally lightweight and caught the common on a single lobworm!!!!!!!!!!.

S

sash

Chris, Warren etc,

Not the biggest by a fair few pounds. Depends where the fens are defined as being though......

Y

yoggy

just for the record sash..the 37lb"er was caught around the whittlesey area,,,,,but thats all i"m allowed to say!!,,sorry mate.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Do tell Sash?????

ps, any luck with them Bream?

S

sash

Couldn't possibly I'm afraid, if I did there'd be rows of bivvies down my favourite drain!

Seriously though, I think a lot of people would be surprised at the carp swimming around the Fen drains wether it's Mark and Chris's stamping ground or further north...nudge...nudge.

Bream have taken slight back seat at the moment 'til late August as I'm currently in pursuit of some rather large eels. Too much to catch, too little time........

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Blanking mate.

And yes, i see some cracking fish swimming those drains over the years.