Catching the Impossible

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
Probably too late, but I've just remembered that CTI will be on in half an hour (7 a.m.) on Channel four...just thought I'd remind any other "larks" who aren't actually fishing.

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
At least one other will give it a look..according to my paper its not a repeat which is odd...they don't normally have fresh progs so early in the morning(do they?)

Anyway,if its rubbish I shall watch the cars zooming around a track soon after-I can watch whilst making up some carp rigs and before the missus need her tea.....

I never fish Sundays as I can fish all the week so its a maintainence day on the gear!

Thanks for th info though!!

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
Looked in on here at just before 8.00am and realised i'd missed it, it's now 8.32am, and i've just read on another forum....

"Don't forget if you've missed it at 7am you can still watch it on Sky 4+1"

Think i'm going back to bed...

the indifferent crucian

Reaction score
I can't even get 4oD to play the thing - keeps saying the connection has timed out. Nice idea, 'twould be even better if it worked...

No you can't. Realplayer wanted to download it but was blocked by Channel 4, from doing so.

Incidentally, I'm still able to watch the programme, so I think you have a problem Alan.

ooops, sorry. I replied to the wrong post. It's an age thing

Last edited:

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Well,for my money I thought it was a really good programme-some great photography underwater with Hugh doing his usual great job and not too heavy on the commentary!

Never seen a 15lb Barbel before let alone seen one caught,nor did I have much idea about the 'Mill' venue from whence it and the current record came from...

With Bernard doing the background stuff and commentary I thought it had undertones of 'Passion'but that maybe due to the people taking part....either way I don't mind that and I shall keep the recording to view when catches of mine are few and far between........all in all its well worth a watch!!

Can I take this opportunity to wish every passionate river fisherman all the best for the new season and may your catches meet your wildest dreams!!!

Grumpy Git @

Reaction score
Forgot to set the +box thingamejig so watched on 4OD. Now, Bertha with the large b**bies downloads and plays like she's in the same room, Catching the impossible was almost impossible to watch. Extremely poor quality.

+box fully set for the rest of the series :p

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
I think we're on for a 40lb carp in the next programme.....and a large rudd(?)

Its the photography that does it for me and worth a look just for Hugh Miles contribution..

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Well,for my money I thought it was a really good programme-some great photography underwater with Hugh doing his usual great job and not too heavy on the commentary!

Never seen a 15lb Barbel before let alone seen one caught,nor did I have much idea about the 'Mill' venue from whence it and the current record came from...

With Bernard doing the background stuff and commentary I thought it had undertones of 'Passion'but that maybe due to the people taking part....either way I don't mind that and I shall keep the recording to view when catches of mine are few and far between........all in all its well worth a watch!!

Can I take this opportunity to wish every passionate river fisherman all the best for the new season and may your catches meet your wildest dreams!!!

Fished that swim many many times Tee Cee, you can get a ticket for the place from Milton Keynes AC Look at Fred Bonneys thread, Adams Mill

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
In my minds eye Ray I can imagine a line of people waiting to take over the swim as its vacated.....even more so now that its been on the television!
I have to say I never imagined the place to be so narrow but it cetainly look the dogs b****cks for barbel...

The main point is Ray-did you see/hook/lose/land a barbel of any sort??

....but who needs a 15lb barbel anyway!!