Trotting rivers

C

Chris Bishop

Can't wait till June 16. Miss seeing that little red blob sailing down the river......

D

Davy North

I'm looking forward to it myself. I've just joined a club which has 8-10 miles of the middle Swale. A mate of mine has done really well trotting a dead bait.

I hope Des Taylor does't mind,

Actually I couldn't give a ****

P

Peter Waller

Even better from a boat Chris, slow trolling a plug, its how both Trev & I had over thirty pike each last winter!

A

Andy Doughty

Nothing like it mate. I was thinking the other day about the best sights and sounds of angling.

Sights
1. Watching a float drift down the river with the current and then bob about a bit before being pulled under by an unseen monster of the deep.
2. Seeing your bobins swinging gently in the breeze, dropping back slightly before moving steadily up towards the rod.

Sounds
1. The sploosh of a spoon as it hits the water.
2. The bleeps from the optonic when coupled with sight number 2.

P

Paul Williams

Nothing but nothing can compair with a float disapearing...i do use electronics but a float has the edge for me.

G

Gareth Lewis

Andy has hit the nail squarely on the head there.
I now that Peters remarks about the lures are right.But the excitment of watching that float go, just can't be beaten!

R

Rob Brownfield

Nahhhhh...a surface lure skipping and plopping back towards u....then the explosion as a Pike rockets skywords with the ferocity of a tiger....only to miss the bloody lure!

C

Chris Bishop

Dusk falling on the river, pint of something cold and lager-flavoured in one hand, rod in the other, straining your eyes to watch the float on the last trot through before you stick a starlite on the top. Most exciting time of the day.

R

Ron Clay

Next to fly fishing, you cant beat trotting a float with a centre pin reel

R

Rob Brownfield

Ron...caught my first fly of the year today...a large bluebottle crawling across my desk!..lol