Wigan A.A.

Phil Simpkin

Reaction score
Is this club still in existence as I would be interested to see how much a season permit is and which waters they control , however their website has seemed dead for about 2 months now.

Milo

Reaction score
Phil, If you're meaning Wigan & District Angling Association, the season ticket is, I think ?20 for adults and ?6 for concessions/children. I'll dig my ticket out, and try and list the waters for you. I've only been to two of them so far, so I've no comments on them as yet!

Milo

Reaction score
The waters listed in the ticket are:

Forsters Lodge, Haigh
Houghtons Lodge, Marsh Green
Scot Lane New Pond, opp Houghtons Lodge
Fan Lodge, Bickershaw
Heapey Reservoirs
Leeds-Liverpool Canal (Johnson's Hill Locks, Chorley to Saracen's Head, Halsall and Chapel Lane Bridge, Wigan to Chapel Lane Footbridge)
Rufford Canal
Greenwaters
Ince Park Lake
Bryn Flash
Hindley Deep Pit & Square Lodge
The Trenchy, Lower Ince
Mellings No. 1 Flash
Rivers Ribble & Wyre (details in Map Book)
Horrocks Flash
Red Pond, Newtown
Birkacre Reservoirs
River Douglas (downstream of Navigation Pub, Gathurst - one mile both banks. Also a small stretch at Bispham)

Hope this is of some use...

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Heapy no2 as just been stooked with 300 carp

The Ribble stretch is at Elston

These are the only waters i have fished Price this year is ?22 extra if you require a night permit ?20 i think.

Milo

Reaction score
I forgot to check the prices... my ticket says on the cover "O.A.P.'s ?6, Adults ?20, Juniors ?2". There is, as Bryan says, a night ticket for an extra ?20. It's valid for Heapy No1 (every night), and Fan Lodge/Bickershaw (Sun-Thurs, no fishing Fri/Sat nights) - all the other water's have a night fishing ban.

Phil Simpkin

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, I know Wigan A.A. used to have a stretch on the Graythwaite estate at windermere , the River winster near Lindale and Wrightington Fish Ponds, are these not Wigan Waters anymore?
If so do you know who controls them now as these were the three that I used to fish most, but that was over 7 years ago, I'm only just getting back into the sport

Milo

Reaction score
Phil, I don't know about the other you mention but Wrightington's definitely not on the card anymore. I heard it may not even be fished at all...

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Wigan AA used to have Worthington Reservoirs on their card ---Do they still have them ???

I

Ian Whittaker 1

Ed,
Worthington Res is under the control of Dream Angling Tackle Shop in Standish.

R

rob d

i had a look at wrightington lakes last week no sign of wether they are fished just says private no fishing

john wilson 6

Reaction score
has anyone fished or have any info on ince park lake,whats in there? who owns it?

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Does anyone know were the tickets can be purchased,and are they really two pound for juniors? bit of a bargain for the nipper is that.Also are there any waters suitable for snatching a few silvers as I am looking for an easy water for him,a bites water if you like.

lynda lythgoe

Reaction score
Gav

Think that £2was a few years ago looking at the dates on here!

I dont know what the current prices are but you can get Wigan permits from Georges Tackle Shop in Wigan 01942 24132 .

Wigan & District do have a web site too.

lynda lythgoe

Reaction score
Gav

Mis- read your post thought it Was Wigan you wanted a contact for .....Ince pool no idea

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Well spotted Lynda ,I had not noticed the dates .Thanks for the tackle shop number though ,I will give them a bell and see what they say.I thought it was too good to be true.Cheers again.

john charlton 2

Reaction score
gav,

you can also get your permit from crown tackle and bait in horwich.

not that i fish there but morans moat which is the canal bit at fan lodge is stocked as a commercial and is also day ticket(wigan water)should be good for your lad!

azzy brindley

Reaction score
does anyone ave information about forsters loddges in wigan? prices, what fish are in there, how its fishing anything like that??

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Thanks John ,will bear it in mind for next year for the lad as I manage to source a cheap local card for him ,less travelling is probably best I thought but thanks again.

coelacanth

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>azzy brindley wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>does anyone ave information about forsters loddges in wigan? prices, what fish are in there, how its fishing anything like that??</blockquote>
They're no longer on the Wigan card, not sure what the situation is now, there's a footpath runs by the side of them might be worth having a look-see for if there are any new signs up.

lynda lythgoe

Reaction score
Azzy

They are now on the Warrington AA card. At present they are closed while contractors do some refurbishment work. They are clearing swims and removing fallen trees as well as constructing new pegs on one of the pools.

They are mixed fisheries with good stocks of silver fish and small carp with a few low doubles.

More information will be posted on the Warrington Anglers web site when they are ready to be re-opened.