Expensive centrepin

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

I'm amazed that the seller has the front to say he's put a price on the reel that he thinks reflects what it will be worth in the future !
I think he'll have the reel for many moons to come LOL.
He's obviously just trying it on to see if there's anyone insane enough to pay a ridiculous ammount of cash for a very plain uninspiring looking reel.

Last edited:

thx1138

Reaction score
So he paid £160 for it, and his "only reason for selling" is that he no longer fishes because "i do not fish anymore, i freedive instead". :rolleyes:

tosher.

the indifferent crucian

Reaction score
So he paid £160 for it, and his "only reason for selling" is that he no longer fishes because "i do not fish anymore, i freedive instead". :rolleyes:

tosher.

I couldn't see a reference to £160, but it rather looks like his mum bought it for him. Lucky boy!

All I got was a wire and plastic rod mum sent away some Weetabix box tops for:mad:

T'were **** !

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
The chances are he will still own it next week. However, having attended many auctions in my business, you never know until the hammer goes down....
There were some pole floats on a few weeks ago that fetched £65-70, when they were available on the makers web site for £3.50.

Dave Burr

Reaction score
Pity its not a matching pair, I may have had a bid :rolleyes:

But I hope he gets his money, it'll mean that my Richard Carter Merlin is worth a bomb :)

cg74

Reaction score
Well I've got a 'matching pair' of 2002 Okuma IBF 40's...... Both come complete with double AND single handles, real genuine Chinese rubber (no fake horn effect here!).

Both have had double figure bream and tench, PLUS one has also reeled in a 7-12 chub AND numerous BIG carp

Open to sensible offers, in region of £5000.... Bear in mind I maybe PM one day!
A real speculative buy, I'd say.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

:D :j :D :j :D :j

Must add both reels are fully loaded with 8lb Ultima Power Plus and 12lb Ultima Power Steel.;)

Xplorer1

Reaction score
1997 and described as vintage? I've got stuff in the freezer older than that. "Sir Isaak Walton"- never knighted. And who's this Chris.Yates? Is that his web presence?

He's 'aving a larf, surely.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
I have a reel that will be finished next week, Vintage 2010, as soon as the cotton is off it, I will box it up, Buyer can collect, postage £6 to the UK only.

Good cheap plastic, in white, no label, put it is 2010 vintage, can make a certificate if required. Mint Condition, used only once

starting bids £10,000, if you can wait a couple of weeks, I will throw in another one free......................:D

Wilko

Reaction score
He is obviously having second thoughts judging by the answers he has given to the comments at the bottom of the listing!

Mithrandir

Reaction score
oh the joys of ebay.

put it on for a silly price a few times, let the history build up that that is the "going rate", and some poor sucker will shell out a fortune for it thinking it is a bargin.

sounds like a long con to me.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Some nutters gone and put 500 ripp's on it, there's always one.....lol.

the indifferent crucian

Reaction score
I see the latest 'question' talks of one going on sale at the Romsey Tackle Fair in March.

Mark Wintle was there, but I couldn't make it this time.

Did you see such a reel Mark?

I've certainly not seen one at any of the Tackle Fairs I've been to.

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
Some nutters gone and put 500 ripp's on it, there's always one.....lol.

I think he may have put that on himself, or got a mate to do it to try and generate a bit of interest since he's dropped his reserve to £500 - it an all to common trick with Ebay - the genuine punters bid on an item and the seller uses mates or other log ins to bump the price up.

I see it often with the trade shop - something will go on brand new with no reserve and the bidding starts but if you look at the seller they will have another 2 or 3 same items for sale ending on different days and if you follow the bidding these all sell for roughly the same price. The seller just bumps up the price once a few are bidding till it's at what they want to sell for.