Favourite time of year

F

Frothey

If you could only fish 1 month of the year, what would it be?

me it would be october....fish starting to feed for the winter, leaves starting to turn, and the lakes getting quieter.

or december! (ok 2 then!)

P

Phil M

Yes, got to be October.
'Warm weather' anglers disappear, 'proper' fishing starts.
'Fresh' air in your nostrils.
Nothing better than October dawns.

B

Budgie Burgess

I love June but for the best fishing I would have to agree with Froth and Phill it must be October.

M

michael rouse

Not always about catching...or in my case if you cant catch then theres always the scenary.I love the last few days of spring when eveything goes green in the short period of about a week.

S

sash

October or early May for me. Crisp dawns and watching the seasons change. And the fish seem to wake up too!

Y

yoggy

october for me to frothy!!!...just as the chillier weather nears,,it sorts the men out from the boys!!!!!!!!!no offence to you "only summer boys"!!!!

T

THE PHOENIX

I'm with Monk, September.

October it starts to get darker and darker, earlier and earlier and start to get at me. I still try to enjoy it, but by the time we put the clocks back I really start to get depressed. Then 5 months of absolute misery, even though I can enjoy the odd trip out, it's just not the same.

B

Bill Cox

October through to December for me, all the matchmen go into hibernation and so do most of the "carpers" The lakes are mine to plunder.(if only)