Breathable waders

Paul Neate

Reaction score
Does anyone know how long breathable waders last before they start leaking? They are pretty costly and I am wondering if they are worth it for the occasional wader like myself.

K

Keith Orange

The last set of waders were made by Barbour in France. They used to get rather pongy after a day's fishing and the studs wore out after a few years.

I considered replacing them with breathables but the cost put me off.

I've bought some Ocean waders made by Dunlop, ?54. I got a pair a size up on my normal size, and they aren't too uncomfortable in hot weather. And you don't get the dreaded welly boot odour when you take them off.

K

Keith Orange

The first sentence in my posting should have started " The last set of waders I got rid of ......"

Iceman

Reaction score
Don't know what these are like but Tackle box.co.uk are selling Svendson sports nylon waist waders for ?27.99

These waist waders are made from heavy duty nylon and are 100% waterproof.
They have a strong fully adjustable belt and all seams are taped.
They have cleated soles and are available in size from 6 up to 12.

K

Keith Orange

I've found you need to be careful buying fishing garments made of nylon. If the label of the garment definitely says the material is treated so that it is breathable, then it's ok. Otherwise an untreated 100% nylon garment worn in warmish weather can be like fishing in a sauna !

Paul Neate

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone who responded to my query -- some useful pointers there.

Tight lines.
Paul