Which Feeder Rod????

Del Boy

Reaction score
I am looking to purchase a feeder rod to use for Tench, Bream and occasional Barbel with 6-8lb lines.
Most of my fishing for Tench/Bream is on large lakes. I have seen a number of the dual top rods (one avon + quivertip) are they worth a look, and what weight tips should I look for. Any suggestions and advice would be much appreciated.

Del.

Charlie Boy

Reaction score
I use the Shimano Hyperloop Medium Feeder, but you might be better with the Heavy option.

Beautiful rods that you can get for around 40.00. Have a look at Wickford Angling's web site under the coarse fishing heading and then Shimano.

I have used mine for river work, commercial carp method feeding and even a bit of waggler work.

Nice through action, cork handle and if you don't get on with it you have'nt spent a fortune, but I think mine is perfect for the job.

Hope this helps a bit, I'm sure you will get 100 different answers as it is all down to personal preference !

William Foxall

Reaction score
i use the maver runner 2 tips had carp too eleven and half pound with it and and it wasnt a bad price to-boot, worth a look

Charlie Boy

Reaction score
Only 1 different reply - come on guys you're slacking !

Used my Shimano again yesterday, fishing about 25yds out swapping between waggler and feeder (2 different rods) and had over 50lbs carp, tench & skimmers. The tip is soft enough not to pull the hook out of the skimmers but I had hard fighting carp to just over 7lb, for 40.00 I don't think you can beat them !

J

jason fisher

alright then john wilson avon quiver, it's not britains biggest selling rod for nothing. i've got 3 and use them for just the things you've said.

M

Mel Crighton

I personally use a Korum 12' multi feeder this is a two part rod witha light quiver tip and anavon tip lines up to 12lb i have so far handled carp to 19lb on this rod it has a through action a bit on the expensive side with an RRP of ?120 I got mine for ?90 It what I like and may not suit all.

Mel.

Del Boy

Reaction score
Thanks very much for your feedback I will take a look at these rods and let you know what I decide.
I had seen an advert for the Shimano hyperloop but that was the Barbel Classic I believe but from what I read they said it was ideal as a tench and large bream rod so that could well be worth a look as well!!

Thanks again
Del.

Dave Mantle

Reaction score
ive also got a John Wilson Avon quiver 1.5ld and i am fishing the Ribble regular and getting some nice fish with no probs .