liverpool?

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

In Liverpool itself there are only the park lakes ...

B

big boy

where about im only a teenager and can only get around by bus. the park lakes are rubbish mind you i've only been to newsham park.

J

John McLaren

Big Boy, it depends on where you live. Since you have fished Newsham Park (the place I caught my first fish) I am guessing you can access the main circular bus routes fairly easily. 26 takes you to Sefton and Princes Parks both of which are OK - but don't go alone to any of the public parks.

Take the 68 to County Road and then any bus out to Old Roan or Maghull for Liverpool and District stretches of the Leeds-Liverpool Canal - You will need an L&DAA card first though - most local tackle shops have them.

It is also possible to get to St Helens by bus to fish the Church Street Canal, Leg-O-Mutton Dam and even Carr Mill Dam. Again you need a club card and obviously travelling costs (and time) will mount - but I used to do it every weekend when I was in my teens! Good Luck!

Milo

Reaction score
The 300 (Liverpool-Southport) will get you out to Halsall for the W&DAA sections of the Leeds-Liverpool - it also goes to the Old Roan/Maghull as John suggested.

B

big boy

how much are the L&DAA cards where about on church street.
(sorry about all this you must think im stupid!!!)

J

John McLaren

Sorry I don't know how much either L&DAA or St Helens AA cards are currently - but they have always been relatively cheap - check your local tackle dealer for both. The "Church Street" canal is a cut-off section of an old industrial waterway in the centre of St Helens it backs onto the outdoor section of the main shoppers car park. There are other sections of the same canal on the card and all are fairly close to the town centre.

R

rob d

i think the st helens card is about ?15
i think the leeds liverpool canal may be day ticket not sure though
there is also larkhill park not that far from newsham

B

big boy

is the church street canal fairly near to well, church street??????

B

big boy

i was on the bus to st helens yesterday. (10A) I seen a lake i was called something not sure it was something DAM. NOT CARR MILL DAM THOUGH.