where are the best places to go in france?

Nick Baker

Reaction score
I'm considering going on holiday to the south-west of france, and i was wondering if anyone had any info on places to go?
i'm thinking about near toulouse and surrounding area coz the weather is really nice and warm (better the england at present!)

B

Big Rik

what are you looking for Nick?

some general fishing whilst on holiday or dedicated fishing in a nice area?

C

Cakey

Beaumont used to be the in place near Tououse................carp to 66lbs,campsite,etc but very very hard since over fished so I hear.

If you go further over to the west to a place called Leon there is a 500 acre lake (lac de Leon) Ive fished about 10 times I can give you info on or if you go east to Perpignan then go a couple of miles south you will find a lake called Villeneuve-de-Raho which is another 500 acre lake and I have lots and lots of info here too as Raho is the best lake I have ever fished in France!

S

Stuart Bullard 3

Nick - as Rik says, what are you looking for? If its general fishing while on holiday I know a fantastic holiday camp which is on the south west coast near Royan. Send me an email (if you haven't done this just click on my name in blue on this post and you can send a post).

S

Stuart Bullard 3

......and I meant to say it has three lakes on the site, one of about 10 acres, and brimming with fish.

Alan Cowen

Reaction score
theres a lake south west france called lac du der and it is huge and bursting with carp however it is extremely difficult to fish for further places go to francecarp they have some good advice

C

Cakey

Alan........Lac du Der or Chantecoq as the English call it used to be good but with the no night fishing rules (except for a few yards here and there) and now there are distance rules something like 100yds and the police look at your spools and cut the line if they think you are over it.
must agree it is huge and there are some good fish in there to be had.
I set up on there once and woke up the next morning and the water had dropped about three foot and gone out about 50 yards ..........just hope it dont come back up that quick...

C

Cakey

Nick ...still got two places left for the 4th sept if your interested

S

Steve Shaw 3

Wow, I was thinking of going myself until I saw the ferry costs to get my car across. Quotes seem to be around ?300 to ?450 plymouth to roscoff for september. Anyone know of a cheaper way?