CSL Feed Producer

Pete

Reaction score
I've read the threads on here about CSL pellets and buying from an animal feeds place rather than a fishing shop and wanted some brand names / manufacturer names.

My local animal feed place looked at me blankly when I asked them for ewe nuts or anything made of CSL (& hadn't heard of CSL liquid). If anyone can give me a trade/product name I can get them to order it in and save a packet ;-)

Cheers

Milo

Reaction score
Tried asking about sheep feed rather than CSL/ewe nuts?

Alan Cowen

Reaction score
animal feed places will recognise csl as sheep feed or sheep pellets most animal feed centres do stock it and it is better gear

F

Frothey

make sure you dont look like an angler, as the price will go up....

C

Cakey

Ive just seen csl pellet for ?60 for 20k but it is flavoured
this must be the dearest .............unless you know different

B

Big Rik

animal feeds are VAT free, anglers bait are subject to VAT

so pretend you have a flock of sheep (go in the shop chewing a grass stalk and wearing a shepherds smock)

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

adds up when your throwing in 100k though dont it...

M

MaNick

I just ask for "ewe nuts"... I pay about a fiver a sack.

Dont forget to stock up on mollasses for about a fiver a gallon while your'e there!..

C

Cakey

Just got some trout pellet from Marriage's 25k for 20 quid cheapest I could find

W

Wolfman Woody

I was passing the perfood supplier in Burnham today and bought a sack of Red Band Conditioner (well it would be Red Band,but it was a different make, same content though I was assured.

It loads of little seeds and has a beautiful aniseed smell. Could this be fennel seed by any chance?

Looking forward to giving it a good go for carp, but my prize woodpigeons will love it too.

R

roto fryer 1

ewe nuts & look for maize gluten as a main ingredient.
maize gluten straits is another one, however, you can pay 10 times the price for fishing from the same supplier for exactly the same item so be careful.
personally i think they are a waste of money but what do i know?
an aniseed smell is exactly that!!! doh

F

Frothey

gotta agree with roto....never found csl's to be that good. much rather have 2kg trouties than 20 of csl's.
different if your trying to create an area and you use them to bulk it out, but then i rarely get to fish for more than 12 hours these days...

W

Wolfman Woody

Which Vitalin product do the carpie buy?

Aniseed - lost flavour from the 60s, you either like it and have confidence or you don't. I think it's one of the ingredients of VDE Lake groundbait, and that's good. Anyway, it worked for me last night.