Facilities for the ladies/ children

M

Mel Crighton

I know that we have probably discussed this before but as the summer holidays are here for the kids, and having Grandchildren that like to go fishing as well as my wife whom has just taken up the sport, I have been visiting commercials and have noticed that although they quote to having toilets these are usually in the form of Portaloo's, now there is nothing wrong with these if they are cleaned daily or at least in working order, but so many are in appauling states some of which have not been cleaned or serviced for weeks, and you cannot expect women and children to use them,so what is the alternative to find a secluded spot to do your business in the hope of not being seen, I has been quoted that we need to bring women and children of both sexes into the sport, but how can we if they have to endure the day without clean toilets, and to also applies to some club waters, that have no facilities, and what about our disabled friends, they cannot use a Portaloo,i do not want a debate on facilities for the disabled, I am asking would you take you wife and children to a fishery and expect them to use dirty ill maintained facilities, your views, name and shame if necessary something needs to be done

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's a good point you make Mel.
There is no way I would let my children use any of these toilet facilities if that is what they can be called.
I have seen people queeing to use these porta loos in garden centres, but no thanks not for me or mine.
But what about the match angler when fishing a match, male or female?
Do clubs advocate useing the bushes in public places?

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
And who would want one of these all singing all dancing porta loos sighted near their house?

There was a public toilets next to a large lake not to far from me. It was demolished because it became the gathering place for certain kinds of people. If I had lived near it I would have blown it up years ago.

William Foxall

Reaction score
only ever once had that problem, and you could smell it on the wind, they excuse was the facilities werent built yet, and thers lots of people fish here. should have opened to the public if it wasnt open properly .

M

MaNick

None of my club waters have toilets... so my girlfriend does exactly as i do when she needs to spend a penny...other ablushions are best held in till later in my opinion!

I think Angling is becoming split... those that want to fish "natural" places, where there is a pond in the middle of nothing, and those that like the all singing, everything provided type commercial place, there is room for both in my opinion, but i prefer the former..so that normally means pissing behind a tree!

T

The Monk

I give my women a shovel and send her to the woods

Well, they want equal rights!

F

Frothey

bloody right.....we're out in nature. i think the kids would be the ones least bothered about it!

M

Mel Crighton

I understand that this is a split subject and I appreciate that a lot of you prefer the natural environment, but, there are some people that do not want to use exposed facilities i.e behind a tree, It is all very well these commercials stating that they have facilities, but in fact do not,i would be prepared to pay an extra ?1 for good facilities, and not a hole in the ground, I said that I would not go on about disabled, but it seems that this is going to be brought into the question, facilities for these people have improved with regard to access, but there are still no facilities for these people, Why?, what are they to do? I am not out for any arguement , just common sense being used, we have rules regarding the protection of children, so what is to stop some perv watching a child relieving themselves, or woman come to think of it, then there are rules regarding exposure, and other rules regarding decemating the environment, health rules the list goes on. but the main question is would you allow your wife/girlfriend /child use these appauling facilities, or expose then selves to the sexual predators lurking in the bushes?

F

Frothey

you worry too much mel. where is the evidence for all these "sexual predators" (apart from the carp anglers) stalking the banks looking for women and kids to relieve themselves?

W

Wolfman Woody

I wouldn't get to wound up about these "pervs" and "sexual predators". Much of this is TV stations winding you up trying to capitalise on a few case cases that hit the news. I have NEVER EVER seen a perv lurking behind any bush in the wilds waiting for a woman or young child to come along and relieve themselves. If there were, I'm pretty sure that the other anglers would soon sort them out.

Personally I wouldn't use chemical toilets myself and try not to use anyone elses toilet for my No 2s anyway, if I can possibly help it. I might go for a whazz, but I'll do that behind a tree and if I caught someone watching I'd say "Read it and weep."

Why do chaps always have to pee against a tree? One of life's mysteries perhaps.

M

Mel Crighton

Yes I worry because I care,there may be no evidence as yet, but why wait until there is, My point is if fishery owners say toilets then keep them clean, Yes I know a lot of these fisheries are in remote places and portaloos are the norm, and that most of you do not take you wives or children with you as you want to escape from the modicom of her in doors nagging and the kids bickering, I do not hold this resentment, enjoy my fishing be it on commercials or rivers, club waters, I am not asking for sweet smelling soap and towels, or soft paper just clean and hygenic facilities,and as I said I would pay for these facilities. so that i can enjoy the company of my family at the same time teaching the next generation of anglers the ropes be they girls or boys.

M

Mel Crighton

I'll see if I have room, 2 fox chairs, 1 tackle box, 8 rods,2 pods, 6 rod rest, 2x 2 man bivvies,4 brollies, 1 camping stove, 1 gas canister, 2 unhooking mats, 2 landing net 24" and 42" 2 trollies,6 adults 10 children No don't have the room ........think I need to invest in a 7.5 tonne truck,and a bus.

T

The Monk

My mate takes his misses to France and always takes a portaloo thing with him and erects it next to the bivvy

W

Wolfman Woody

I just thought of a new product to add to Ron's "milk-em-and-scarper" list of must-have items fro the serious carp angler (or any angler coem to that). Presenting -

The Realtree Camo Portable Reclining chemical Camode Chair.

and you don't have to leave your swim!

F

Frothey

cant one of the others carry it? ditch the cooking stuf and get a take-away. bloody creature comforts......

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This is disgusting but true.

I was talking to a couple of carpers one day along the canal.
alongside the canal runs the Penine trail, with seat benches every so far.
I looked up and saw a woman climb onto the bench, drop her strides and take a dump.
I told the two carpers to have a look at this. We watched her, and when she had finished, we shouted her and waved, it was only about 30yds away. all she did was smile, pull her kecks up and carry on walking. what a dirty bitch she was.

T

The Monk

bloody Pennine wayfarers, disgusting, the "Towards the Ultimate Ruffe Slapper"

(the essence of that last bit may be lost on those who have not read both Fred Wiltons scribes in the infamous yellow Carp Mag and Wainwrights scribblings in a P{Pennine Journey))