Sufix Invisiline

S

Stewart Bloor

Does anyone know an outlet that I can get 4lb b.s. from? My usual supply oulet has stopped stocking this particular strength.

B

Birds Nest

You rate it highly Stewart ? I'm about to try it my self. Is there any situations where you dont use it ?

S

Stewart Bloor

Fluorocarbon, because it has the same refractive properties as water, means it is less visible than standard mono. When the water is low and clear, it comes into its own. I wouldn't necessarily use it when the river is up and coloured, as the advantages of fluorocarbon are not utilised due to the situation.
Sufix is good and behaves like mono. Some fluorocarbons are stiffer, but then again that could be an advantage when using a certain style or rig.

R

Rob Brownfield

Isn't Suffix mono coated in Fluorocarbon, rather than solid fluorocarbon? ( I think I read this somewhere) True fluoro is very expensive....over ?7 for 25 meters and is stiff and easy to kink.

R

Ron Clay

The best fluorocarbon I have found is "Match" by Preston Innovations in strengths from 1 lb to 7.1 lbs. It is 100% PVDF and sells for ?7.95 per 50 metre spool. It's also matt and has excellent knot strength.

The best way to tell 100% fluorocarbon is to burn it. If it still burns with a flame after you take the match away it's the coated stuff. Pure fluorocarbon will not burn when you take the flame away. Only smoke.

P

Paul Williams

Sedge,
I'm also under the impression that snergy aint a fluro, bytheway it is also available as a clear line....and much cheaper!!! look for it amongst the sea gear, i am led to believe it is the same gear as that sold for coarse fishing.

P

Paul Williams

I think we are talking about two different types of line, Sedge was originally talking about invisiline....i don't know if that is Fluro or not, i can't get on with fluro, at least the ones i have tried!!......Sedge confuses everyone though so it's OK!!!! :eek:)

S

Stewart Bloor

Sufix Invisiline is a fluoro...I'm not talking about Synergy, that's a mono.