Sounders

S

sash

I'm in the market (good saying that) for a sounder / fish finder which will be used from a boat on rivers and large gravel pits. Ideally portable (though I believe most can be adapted?) with very good feature (bottom construction and snags etc) definition. Price range up to ?350 or so.

Have been looking at the usual Humminbird, Garmin etc stuff but would like some feedback if possible?

Ideally as it's my first, something simple to use would also be handy!

PS not interested in the smartcast thing

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Garmin 160 i use Sash, cant fault it mate. Had a humminbird previous but Joe at J&K recommended the Garmin. A great piece of kit. Phil was only out in my boat last week and he commented on the ease of use (which is what your after) and quality. Go get it Sash.

Going after them Bream then eh????????????????????

S

sash

Cheers Wol, I was looking at the Garmin 160 or 240. Not just the bream, but it would be of help as you can use boats on there and I shall be putting a few weekenders in during late August and September for those fellas! Certainly saves on spod in tree type hassle!

Did you have a look at the 240 at all? And is it worth the extra ?150 odd?

S

sash

Cheers Wol, I'll have a look. Incidentally how have you mounted yours to the boat, permanently?

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Sash, mine's all wired in to my Sportyak. Being twin skin i have run the cabling between the two. I'll email you a pic of what i've done.

Address?