Pike Fishing in Scotland

D

Dave Silvers

I will be taking a holiday in the Fort William area in mid June.
Can anybody put me onto pike waters in the area.
Hoping for lots of replies
Good piking.

R

Rob Brownfield

The obvious waters are Lochs Lochy,Arkaig, Quoich to the North and Lochs Awe, Lomond, Katrine and Venachar to the south. All these waters should not be more than an hours drive from Fort William.

The Northern waters are a challenge as they are lightly fished, the Southern waters speak for themselves really. It may be worth e mailing the Scottish Pike Alliance (http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mac.lures/Esox_Ecosse.html) as these guys have there fingers on the pulse so to speak.

E mail me if u want to know more about any particular water.

Regards
Rob

D

Dave Silvers

Hi Rob
Thanks for the information, Lochs Lomand and Awe I was aware of and I've got the maps out looking for the others.
The advice regarding the Scottish Pike Alliance is sound, thanks again

Regards Dave

R

Rodger Walker

dave if you logon to www.predator-fishing.co.uk and join the email list there, look on the archives and you will see some info from jim and trev who have just come back from a week fishing around loch ness.im sure they will help u.

D

Dave Silvers

Been through the archives of predator-fishing found lots of banter about drinking whisky and wild scottish sheep,but not much info bout fishing.
You wouldn't kid a fellow , would you?

R

Rodger Walker

no dave theyve just got back(last sat)from loch ness.....honest...........send them a message

rodger

A

alistair urquhart

Hi from the Highlands...N.W from Inverness.There are a few good lochs round my area,but...the fish are hard to find