DECENT SCALES

Tony Burgess

Reaction score
I need a new set of scales,the ones I have had for a couple of years have a mund of their own a can be a few ponds out either way.Would like to pay no more than ?30.Any advice gratefully recieved.

T

tom riordan

I have the waymaster mkII flyweight scales, I have had them a couple of years now and had no problems with them still accurate as I test them on some brass weights now and then. They also float if they get dunked in the water. I paid ?16 then at Rugby Tackle, but they are now a popular brand and they seem to go for anything up to ?26 nowadays.

J

jason fisher

you can get a set of avons for 30 quid if you shop around.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Avions have always done me proud albeit a little on the heavy side.

What I would really like is a set of scales for my winter roach & dace fishing which weigh up to say 7lb but which have dram or 1/2 ounce calibrations. Any suggestions?

W

Wolfman Woody

I like my Weymasters but they only go to 12lb on the small set. The other set go to 30lbs, but I don't carry them both around with me. One (12lbs) goes in my roving bag and the 30lbs goes in my carp kit.

I may have a problem if I catch a barbel over 12lbs, but until then I'm happy with them.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

I have to speed type Jason in case my boss walks in!