What Next?

• Thread starter Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)
  • Start date
W

Wolfman Woody

There's no wine glass and what about a separate one for champagne as well?

Soup bowl and soemthing for your pudding?

Nice stuff though.

L

Laurie Harper

Cigarette holder and monogrammed silk dressing gown, sir? How about a robot butler that you could charge from the cigarette lighter socket on the car dashboard?

S

Steve King

The other month I had a quick poke around Lidls and found a picnic hamper with 4 sets of eating irons, 4 plates, wineglasses, chopping board, cheeseknife, tablecloth and 4 napkins for a mere ?12. The whole thing comes in a neat backpack complete with insulated compartment for food and yep an insulated wine bottle holder as well!

Doesn't come with a logo though!!

M

MaNick

It does!...

the logo says...

"TIGHTARSE!"

heahehahe.... na, your'e right Steve, i picked up a 12v battery pack for the bivvy at about a tenner from lidl, cost about ?30 in halfords!

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Not a bad idea that Nigel.

Come to think of it, food bags have been around for some time.
I use a Nash Food Bag that contains all that is in the Chub session set plus a lot more, including a combined bottle opener and corkscrew.
Nigel anmd Ron have been fed out of this on a few trips, right?

The difference and IMHO the benefit of the larger bags is that there is a good sized cooler bag section that keeps your food fresh on a day (or longer) session.

Given the choice these days of various food containers, session sets and food bags there is no reason why anglers cannot enjoy decent food at the bank side which is such an improvement over the old, warm, and sometimes soggy sandwiches.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Indeed we have Peter & fine fare it was.

Only problem is Peter is that you have to carry it all!

Perhaps Lauries robot butler should be next on your wish list?

F

Frothey

what you really need for those long sessions is a magazine holder with built in light and auto page turning so you've got a hand free for , um , rig tying.....

W

Wolfman Woody

Alright then, apart from a 'wish list' what's the most outragious item you('ve) take(n) on a fishing trip?

I took a bottle of champagne (well Aussie fizzy wine really, but same ingredients) the other week when we launched my boat for the first time. I have taken bottles of ready mixed cocktails before now, but not with the obligatory cherry!

S

sash

A nice salmon steak that was cooked on the bank......beats a Pot Noodle anytime.

I'm also the proud owner of a Chub food bag, like the Nash but cheaper, - excellent stuff and ideal for transporting and keeping food fresh for a longer session.

F

Frothey

sunday dinner....a bit of a cheat but you can do the spuds, carrots, peas, etc, and just before they're ready (old chef trick is to deep fry the potatoes instead of roast ;) ) nip down to the supermarket and get one of their ready cooked chicken and gravy. do a steamed treacle pudding for afters. yummy!

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
A chip pan and a sack of spuds, and I've got a picture to prove it.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

A floating wardrobe ..... and Grahams probably got a picture of that too ..

camo

Reaction score
I have the Chub cool style food bag, this is a brilliant piece of kit with a huge main compartment and two side compartments which are large enough to take a cooker plus gas,plus two cylindrical pockets there are three external elasticated mesh pockets plus an elasticated top section.

Inside the bag there are two plates, two mugs, two knives, two forks, two spoons, two hand towels a chopping board and a bottle opener / cork screw.

And if the session set is half as good as this it will be worth every penny.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Now I see why carpers need a barrow!Its camping not fishing!

M

MaNick

Come on guys..... if you go fishing for several days at a time, you need to take FOOD and something to camp in!... So what if it is camping?....

I think a lot of people who slag off the bivvy brigaded do so cos they're not allowed to fish as much as they would like to!

Y

yoggy

i"d love to go fishing more and love to bivvie up but when i have to work 6days a week it kinda stops me from doing so!!!99% of my fishing are short sessions say between 2 and 5hrs.,,but thats the trouble nowadays there"s to much slagging off between anglers when we should ALL be sticking together despite our type of fishing but this is the "real" world and i"m afraid that will never happen....WHY......because we"re human beings and human beings,,,f**k everything up.