Crunch time

S

Stewart Bloor

Tomorrow night (Wed) England are live on TV and I'm planning to go night fishing...now I'm torn...I'm passionate about my country and where football is concerned, the mix produces an irrestible cocktail...but I'm also a passionate angler...I think it looks like the fishing. What would, or are, you doing?

K

Kevan Farmer

Go fishing....no contest for me at all. I loathe and detest football with a passion. Now Formula1 is a different story....that does tear me up. But, each to their own. It would be a boring world if we were all the same.

DAVE COOPER

Reaction score
I love football, F1 and fishing. HELP! I have to admit to seeing the vast majority of Grand Prix live since 1985, with the rest seen on video.

The fact that I find it difficult to fish at weekends helps, but I do sometimes get torn, but the fishing wins with the Grand Prix on the video and me trying desparately to avoid the result.

Wednesday though, I shall be watching the footie and fishing Thursday evening.

P

Philip Inzani

I have had that delima in the past too, solution is to tape the match then watch it as if it was "live" when you return.

However! its not quite as simple as it sounds....problem is trying to avoid any outside contact particularly on your return home.....DONT turn the car radio on, avoid talking to ANYONE and watch the match as soon as you get home or some blabbermouth will spoil it - you know the sort of thing...."well watch it if you have to but you won't see any goals"!!!!!!!

A

Andrew Miller

Three cheers for Ron!!
Windy
p.s. I am watching the match!

A

Andy Thatcher

Sorry to hear of your dilemna Stewart. I feel badly for you, well not especially as I am working tonight ! In such cases I suggest that solace can be brought by the radio. I go through this every two years, world cups & euro champs, but usually fishing wins as last time I gave into the need to watch we went out to Germany on penalties as usual. So I go fishing for the good of the country !

S

Stuart Johnson

Sedge, go fishing, take a walkman, say a few prayers, for the football,not for the fishing as you don't need any help as you are now a bagging machine.lol

S

Stewart Bloor

I asked Mrs Sedge whether I should stay in tonight or do an overnighter...she says go...

S

Stewart Bloor

Actually I went, took a radio and blanked...but good result...

S

Steve Baker

I listened to the first 30 mins, packed up during the next 15mins (still listening) drove home like a nutter in half time (via bargain booze). and got home for the second half...... Best of both worlds, but the carp were feeding on the surface as i was leaving which is always a dilema.