Bivvy advice

S

Steve Shaw 3

I am looking for a new bivvy. I have a Giant dome at present, I love the height and front overhang but need something a little less cramped inside.

Price has to be no more than ?100

Has to be able to accommodate 2 (although It will be mainly only myself)

Something easily erected (I aint going to get anything quick erecting for my price range)

Twin skinned

I am over 6' tall so need head room.

Has to fit into swims, Lol.

Top of my list so far is the JRC Continental. Seems to be narrow and long with good height

Then there is the JRC Defender Extreme and The Super Cocoon. But both are very wide and I am worried about fitting into swims

Are there any others I should conceder. What are the opinions on the above models

Steve S

S

Steve Shaw 3

Just looking at the cypry dome 2 man so I will add that to the list.

B

Big Rik

"riks got a 2man jrc sti going for ?100...."

"which model?"

Sometimes I really do despair.

S

Steve Shaw 3

Riks sti, lovely bit of kit but I fear it would be too low for me at 1.3m in height

F

Frothey

why do you need to stand up in it? i'm 6ft, rik is bigger. i have the worlds only viper tt that doesnt leak/condense (or so it would seem) and i dont feel uncomfortable fishing in it....just remember, the taller it is, the worse it'll be in the wind....

S

Steve Shaw 3

I think the problem I would have is even on my knees I am still taller than 1.4m. just getting in and out could be a problem. If I was a little shorter and without knee amd back problems or I only wanted something for short stay I would jump at it. The other major problem for me is the width, Its huge at over 3m wide but I fear it will not fit into many of the swims on the lakes I fish.

Its a bargain for someone though

Steve

T

Tony O'Dell 2

Rik, there are two type of STI's on the market know if you didnt know..hence Steve's question was a valid one.
Perhaps you arent up on current carp tackle developments after your well publicised exit from the scene....

B

Big Rik

The only two types of STi I am aware of are either one man or 2.

B

Big Rik

and having checked the shopping partners on here, I can still find no other model variations on the STi.

Perhaps Tony can enlighten me on the differences, now that I'm just a mere 'noddy'.

S

Steve Shaw 3

You are right Rik, The one man is 1.3m and the 2 man 1.4m. I had the specs all messed up in haste. Still too late now.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

2 man Shakespeare Cypry Dome is good for the price

S

Steve Shaw 3

Thanks Ed I am bearing those in mind.

I quite like the look of the JRC super cocoon. The specs says the porch has a built in groundsheet. Can anyone tell me if it is detachable from the front side flaps?

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
In summer you can use the original as a single skin as long as it does not rain. If the rain is coming then the twin skin is advisable to combat condensation.