pellets

Andy Connor 2

Reaction score
hi can someone enlighten me

i can remember about 5 years ago fishing with pellets method style

i would do something to the pellets to make them like paste so they would mould round the feeder

this involved boiling water and pellets but i can remember the sequence does anyone know what im going on about?
cheers

B

Big Rik

yes, it's quite difficult.

Pour some boiling water over the pellets, allow to cool, mould around your feeder.

Actually, if you cover pellets in boiling water and swish them around for 10 minutes and then drain off the excess water, they should be good after about an hour.
Keep swishing them around after you've drained off the water as well, or else the bottom ones go to mush.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
You could always ground them first to give a carpet of fine particles. All depends on the number of Carp in the swim.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I don't use boiling water. I always think the scalding could take some of the goodness out of the pellets. I soak in cold water. Takes a bit longer but the end result is the same, and possibly even better.

F

Frothey

i agree with you graham. whether the fish do is another thing....if you look at the oil you pour away though in the excess water.....there goes some of the attraction...

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I don't pour anything away. I add the water in stages, stirring the mix between each top-up of water until it's just right. It's not much more trouble, taking about three lots of water over about 3 hours, that's all.

F

Frothey

thats what i was alluding (oo-err!) to

"Keep swishing them around after you've drained off the water as well...."

B

Big Rik

who said that I throw away the excess ?

That's the special sauce that coats Wols BBQ'd chicken....

Andy Connor 2

Reaction score
cheers rik did i get a sense of sarcasm? probably not!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it was a really good productive method last time i was using it just couldnt remember exactly what we did!

cheers graham ill try that as well!

B

Big Rik

sarcastic?

heavens to betsy, I'm mortified that you think I would be anything less than serious......

F

Frothey

still, could've been asking how to thread some rig tubing on (still tickles me that one!)