abu 501,, help,,!!!!!

Paul Hammersley

Reaction score
hi everone,, just signed up,, my father gave me an abu 501 reel,, years ago,, been using it no problem,, went to take the spool off and stripped some teeth off the main brass toothed winding ring gear,, anybody know where i can get a replacement part,, any info appreciated,, thanks..

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Paul,

I think that your best bet might be looking out for another 501 with damage and simply using the components for spares.
You can often get old Abu reels on e-bay but look for the job lots of several old reels as these ar a lot cheaper than individual working specimens.

You could always try Abu directly, but my experience is that they have nothing left for any of the 500 series reels.

Paul Hammersley

Reaction score
alan,, i read all the posts about abu 501,, before i posted my question,, and tried to send reelrepairs an e-mail,, the e-mail address must have been posted incorrectly,, my mail was sent back un-delivered,, can you or anyone please tell me the correct e-mail address for reelrepairs,, thanks,,

Paul Hammersley

Reaction score
adrian,, success,, managed to get in touch with nigel,, hes got what i wanted,, great,, thanks everyone ,,