Newsham park liverpool

B

big boy

is there still catfish in newsham, i know the EA took all them out but an angler told me that there where still some in there.

J

John McLaren

EA netted ONE catfish. There is always the chance of anotrher being in there but its a fairly slight chance.

B

big boy

im not sure if i should go for them or if im wasting my time.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

I doubt if its a viable proposition ...

Scouser

Reaction score
A few nice Tench are coming out at the moment but no heard of any Cats........

MJ

Reaction score
I think the EA removed 2 catfish from Newsham. It was covered by BBC Look North, and I have the video at work somewhere.

Clint Waddington

Reaction score
Taking of the Catfish, I worked for the EA up until 2005and was part of the team who worked on the lake removing the fish,there were indeed remove 2 fish and re-housed.

Was wondering if MJ who has the video at work could get in-touch PM me, think I know which MJ you are! Wouldn't mind a copy of it, lost mine during a house move 2 years ago.

Scouser

Reaction score
A cat came out about two weeks ago at 24lb+

Foul hooked from the little lake.

rains

Reaction score
When did this happen also did they remove any pike that big lake had some monsters in there

rains

Reaction score
As they say small world i love the lake only just started fishing again after a long break

tony1106

Reaction score
newsham park

Hi Rains...just started fishing NP after a 30 yr break...went this weekend and caught about 30 fish.its still a nice lake

rains

Reaction score
Hi Rains...just started fishing NP after a 30 yr break...went this weekend and caught about 30 fish.its still a nice lake
hey tony was there my self on friday didn't do as god as you tho only had a few perch and roach tryed for the pike but no luck

tony1106

Reaction score
hey tony was there my self on friday didn't do as god as you tho only had a few perch and roach tryed for the pike but no luck

Yeah Rains.......my catch was mainly small roach and perch except for 3 bream just over 2lb all caught on red maggot.............will try again this weekend with a different bait.

rains

Reaction score
Yeah Rains.......my catch was mainly small roach and perch except for 3 bream just over 2lb all caught on red maggot.............will try again this weekend with a different bait.
you using ground bait for the bream aswell ?

rains

Reaction score
will have to give that ago got a good net of perch today and lost a decent one